The Permanent and Comprehensive Image posting tutorial.

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's really a shame that we young'ins can't exchange computer knowledge for pool knowledge. Or maybe we can...who knows.

Moving on--here is a step-by-step tutorial on permanently uploading and posting an image to AZB, especially useful for the Cue Gallery, and not having to use reduced attachments and texted image URL's. It would be advised that you look over all the steps before you use this method, if you have never attached an image before.

Enjoy everyone!

Your's truely,
-Impact Blue

(PM if you have any questions!!!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Start with the website:
www.imageshack.us

Step 1:
45445542.jpg

Step 2:
88793342.jpg

Then click the "Start Upload" button.

Step 3:
36771351.jpg

Step 4:
17704663.jpg

Once you have your image's link copied,
go back to AZB.

Step 5:
95171356.jpg

Step 6:
35238867.jpg

Step 7:
82447111.jpg

Step 8:
58952130.jpg

Once you are feeling confident,
noticing your newly placed tags,
either preview your post or submit when ready.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited:

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
Well done, "young'in," but I would add that before pressing the "Submit Reply" button, you press the "Preview Post" button. That allows you to see the picture as it will appear in the post so you can makre sure the size is what you want (or not appear at all if there's a problem in the link.

-Old'in
(as in [i]old retired software engineer[/i])

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well done, "young'in," but I would add that before pressing the "Submit Reply" button, you press the "Preview Post" button. That allows you to see the picture as it will appear in the post so you can makre sure the size is what you want (or not appear at all if there's a problem in the link.

-Old'in
(as in [i]old retired software engineer[/i])[/QUOTE]

Excellent point! Matter-of-factly, I try to preview every post on here for grammatical or coding errors before I submit; the "[I]Last edited by _____________[/I]" is personally annoying.

Thanks for the head's up. I'll have to include it in the original thought.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Now, if only I could print these instructions out using only 2 pages...:)

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Free Pass.

Impact Blue,

I like your style.

This is what the professional players need to do. Your PERSONAL initiative is a great example to follow.

The window is open for you.

You get three wishes but they had better be about pool. :D

I'll answer them via PM or in this thread and hopefully and/or others will contribute as well.

Best Regards,
JoeyA

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Another way to save and place photos in your post.

Thanks man! I hope this is helpful to anyone out there...I had some time to kill, and it's a question I see come up at least once a week.

If you had some time to kill, you should have added in another way to post pictures.
1. Go to: User CP
2. Click on: Pictures and Albums
3. Go into Album or named Album and click on: Upload pictures.
4. Click on: Browse (This way you can search for applicable photos on your computer)
5. After you find the photo you like: Double Click the photo and it will place the location of the photo on your computer in the available space and then you just CLICK: Upload Pictures to that particular named Album. (You can create additional albums to store your photos on AZB User CP)
6. Click: Save Changes
7. Then after you can see your photo in your album, double click the photo and HIGHLIGHT the words below "Picture URL". Press Control C for (the copy command on your computer) (Hold down the CTRL key while simultaneously hitting the "C" key. This will copy the photo's new Picture URL location.
8. Then you go to your post and put the cursor wherever you want the picture to appear and click on the little icon above your post that looks like TWO mountain peaks on a postcard, and press CTRL V for the paste command and you get this or something like it:
picture.php

With this manner of posting, you will avoid those unnecessary embarrassing moments when you use someone else's photos on their computer without their permission and they catch you and change the photo that is in that URL location to something, well something not quite as nice as what you thought just borrowed.

If you do borrow someone else's image, I would suggest that you right click on the photo and rename it, once it is on your computer. Just something that us old guys do. U R :welcome:

Looking forward to my three wishes......

JoeyA