There's Still Hope for my Better Half!!!

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Today I went to the pool hall pretty early and was shooting by myself for 4 hours until my wife came up there to rack for me. She left her cue at home and I wouldn't let her use mine, so she had to grab one off of the wall.

She shot a few shots with it and said that she didn't like it because it didn't have a bumper on it. She grabbed another one and it didn't have a bumper on it either. Now keep in mind, she can't run three balls if her life depended on it and knows nothing about pool. Although she does know that I'm obsessed with the game and this forum.

Anyway I thought that she didn't like her cue because it looked bad and was cracked on the end without the bumper on it. So I asked her if she knew why the bumper was there in the first place. She says, " it changes the cues vibrations." I was so proud of her and smiled from ear to ear.

I rewarded her with the pleasure of racking for me all night and watching a lot of 2 packs and a few 3 packs get put on her. I love my wife.
 
Bumpers

Today I went to the pool hall pretty early and was shooting by myself for 4 hours until my wife came up there to rack for me. She left her cue at home and I wouldn't let her use mine, so she had to grab one off of the wall.

She shot a few shots with it and said that she didn't like it because it didn't have a bumper on it. She grabbed another one and it didn't have a bumper on it either. Now keep in mind, she can't run three balls if her life depended on it and knows nothing about pool. Although she does know that I'm obsessed with the game and this forum.

Anyway I thought that she didn't like her cue because it looked bad and was cracked on the end without the bumper on it. So I asked her if she knew why the bumper was there in the first place. She says, " it changes the cues vibrations." I was so proud of her and smiled from ear to ear.

I rewarded her with the pleasure of racking for me all night and watching a lot of 2 packs and a few 3 packs get put on her. I love my wife.

Pool cues were made for a very long time without bumpers. They were invented for people who slam the butt end of their cue into the floor when they miss and those who drop their cues by accident.

The champions of old laughed at the idea of bumpers...they took much more care with their cues than the average player.

If your wife likes to play, why not help her improve? A nice Valentine's Day gift might be a gift certificate for a lesson with a qualified instructor...
 
My wife can use anything I own anytime she wants! She doesn't need to ask...

She has three cues of her own and just didn't bring either one of them. She's a little clumsy at times and I didn't want her dinging up my cue, but I guess I should've given it to her.

I've been trying to instruct her a little over the past few years and she just goes back to old habits and she only plays maybe once every two months. I've got lessons lined up next month and I'm very excited about it.....her lessons will come after mine, although they should've came first.

It was just pleasing that she could tell the difference in vibrations with and without a bumper on a cue.
 
She has three cues of her own and just didn't bring either one of them. She's a little clumsy at times and I didn't want her dinging up my cue, but I guess I should've given it to her.

I've been trying to instruct her a little over the past few years and she just goes back to old habits and she only plays maybe once every two months. I've got lessons lined up next month and I'm very excited about it.....her lessons will come after mine, although they should've came first.

It was just pleasing that she could tell the difference in vibrations with and without a bumper on a cue.

Your a lucky man Allen, my better half has no interest in pool at all. Of course that could be seen as a good thing... In 35 years of marriage she has never seen me play a game of pool. Her acceptance of my interest in pool really astounds me! Enjoy the lessons with your gal hopefully she will enjoy it that much more.
 
Back
Top