These pockets may be too tight for 9b

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
In the first rack, I would have been inclined to agree since they were just bunting the balls around initially. But they seem like they can run out consistently enough, so it seems fine for players of that caliber.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rounded pockets means any ball on a rail is pretty much safe and cannot be made down the rail. that just simply makes 8 or 9 ball painful to play. i would never play on a table like that

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at that table reminds me of a line from a Rocky movie.

A reporter asks Rocky's trainer what people should expect from the evenings fight and the trainer replied -- "PAIN" :eek:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Looking at that table reminds me of a line from a Rocky movie.

A reporter asks Rocky's trainer what people should expect from the evenings fight and the trainer replied -- "PAIN" :eek:

The reporter asked Clubber Lang . ;)

These converted snooker tables gotta go.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There is a game for playing rotation on a snooker table that makes a little more sense...
...it's called PAYBALL
...money on every ball, double on the last one.

And this match, for me, was like going to a karaoke bar....
....some of the singers are alright....but they won't be cutting any records.

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question : Are those Chinese 8 Ball tables harder than the tight pocket Diamond 9 foot tables?

I have never played on a Chinese 8 ball table but if it is anything like playing pool on a 10 foot snooker table, then yes I'm sure it is harder than playing on a tight Diamond 9 footer. IIRC most of the Chinese 8 ball tables are 9 feet. Like someone else said earlier in the thread, on a table with rounded pockets balls on the rails are fairly safe unless they are very close to the pockets. Banks must be dead on. Cheating the pocket with extreme English is much harder with rounded pockets. Top players will rise to the top though.

Last edited:

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's pretty impressive. I tried playing a bit of 10 ball on a 10 foot snooker table last night, it was pretty brutal.
In 1975 down the street from the 9Ball championships in Burlington IA my friend and i were asked to get the f off the snooker table so these 2 players could play some 9 ball for $800 a game. We sat down and watched in amazement watching these guys running racks.