Things that make you go.... Mmmm?

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally have heard out of Ralf Souquets mouth he aims with edge of cue ball. Mmmmm.....

Also Johnny saying the same thing. Archer that is. Mmmmm.....
Johnny n Shane's match minute 43.48 he mentions cutting object ball in thirds.

Darren Appleton saying he believes some Philippino's use Systems 29.23 on jayson Shaws n Ronnie alcano's match also at 30.17. He mentions using systems. Mmmmm....

Best of luck on your journey!

BLADE

steviemoore.com
Justcueit.com
mezzusa.com

Last edited:

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB uses the edge of the cue shaft.

In the podcast mentioned with him and Johnny he couldn't believe that Johnny doesn't use the shaft to aim.

BLADE

steviemoore.com
justcueit.com
mezzusa.com

Last edited:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I personally have heard out of Ralf Souquets mouth he aims with edge of cue ball. Mmmmm.....

Also Johnny saying the same thing. Archer that is. Mmmmm.....
Johnny n Shane's match minute 43.48 he mentions cutting object ball in thirds.

Darren Appleton saying he believes some Philippino's use Systems 29.23 on jayson Shaws n Ronnie alcano's match also at 30.17. He mentions using systems. Mmmmm....

Best of luck on your journey!

BLADE

steviemoore.com
Justcueit.com
mezzusa.com

Stevie:

Do you have a brother by the name of Benjamin? Looks like you have some of his trait with "stirring." :p ;)

Paint+Stick+1.jpg

Funnin' aside, I wouldn't doubt pros use the edge of the cue ball for aiming. I'm no pro, but I use *both edges* of the cue ball simultaneously for aiming -- to place the cue ball at the appropriate back-of-ball / fractional aiming location against the object ball.

Just because someone uses the "edge" of something, doesn't mean it's automatically CTE.

I will certainly know more as I delve deeper into my copy of Stan's DVD. :thumbup2:

-Sean

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie:

Do you have a brother by the name of Benjamin? Looks like you have some of his trait with "stirring." :p ;)

Paint+Stick+1.jpg

Funnin' aside, I wouldn't doubt pros use the edge of the cue ball for aiming. I'm no pro, but I use *both edges* of the cue ball simultaneously for aiming -- to place the cue ball at the appropriate back-of-ball / fractional aiming location against the object ball.

Just because someone uses the "edge" of something, doesn't mean it's automatically CTE.

I will certainly know more as I delve deeper into my copy of Stan's DVD. :thumbup2:

-Sean

I think you might want to look Moore into the last name. Cause, I can't get enough. :)

On a serious note. I am 100% sure there are many pros using CTE and have no intentions of telling others. Why would they? Have they come forth before? NO. They're probably not going to. #1 it wouldn't benefit them $$$$. #2 as soon as they say yes the whole world would be right on their tails with the most objective information to date. Yeah it's gonna take them a little bit to catch up but it's inevitable that they will and then some. #3 $$$$ They're isn't enough to go around for everyone to be on the same information highway.

I've been playing pool for a very long time and I use to use your prehistoric way of aiming and it allowed me to get so far. No reason to use two edges when you only need one. It's that simple.

The longer you procrastinate the further you will be left behind by the ones already aboard the fast train to playin this game at the highest level. Mark my words. It is the future of aiming and you will see it if and when you live long enough. I sure hope that I'm around to see the next generation of players using this information. It's going to be beautiful.

Stirring it up some Moore. :)

Enjoy learning the best information for aiming on the planet. Best money you've ever spent on your pool game. Don't take my word for it. Go delve a little deeper Sir. :)
Enjoy your journey.

BLADE

steviemoore.com
justcueit.com
mezzusa.com

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve,
Do you think or know if the emerging Chinese players are taught to use CTE?

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve,

You're kidding, right? Those guys are lined up at John Barton's case making factory waiting for their lessons. :smile:

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve,

I'm not familiar with what the emerging Chinese are doing. I do know it would benefit them tho because they have eyes too.

BLADE

steviemoore.com
justcueit.com
mezzusa.com

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If I said that a top level coach in China has seen the CTE dvd and says it works would anyone here believe me or care?

If the top ten Chinese players said they use it or something similar would it change anyone's mind here?

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think you might want to look Moore into the last name. Cause, I can't get enough. :)

On a serious note. I am 100% sure there are many pros using CTE and have no intentions of telling others. Why would they? Have they come forth before? NO. They're probably not going to. #1 it wouldn't benefit them $$$$. #2 as soon as they say yes the whole world would be right on their tails with the most objective information to date. Yeah it's gonna take them a little bit to catch up but it's inevitable that they will and then some. #3 $$$$ They're isn't enough to go around for everyone to be on the same information highway.

I've been playing pool for a very long time and I use to use your prehistoric way of aiming and it allowed me to get so far. No reason to use two edges when you only need one. It's that simple.

The longer you procrastinate the further you will be left behind by the ones already aboard the fast train to playin this game at the highest level. Mark my words. It is the future of aiming and you will see it if and when you live long enough. I sure hope that I'm around to see the next generation of players using this information. It's going to be beautiful.

Stirring it up some Moore. :)

Enjoy learning the best information for aiming on the planet. Best money you've ever spent on your pool game. Don't take my word for it. Go delve a little deeper Sir. :)
Enjoy your journey.

BLADE

steviemoore.com
justcueit.com
mezzusa.com

Nice to see a sense of humor here, Stevie. You may not be familiar with my screenname, but you and I have met a couple times. I'm a good friend and former colleague of Bernard Gray.

One thing I'd caution you about, though, is the belittling of other aiming methods (e.g. your use of the word "prehistoric" when referencing what you think is the system I use -- which may not be what you think it is). You're making assumptions here, and then insulting them.

I know you're amped-up and psyched about CTE/Pro-1. But please don't be blinded with the euphoria -- this is what gets CTE'ers in trouble here in these aiming threads / subforums. Aiming topics traditionally dip their wing, burst into flames, and do the death-spiral into the ground precisely because of things like this.

I'm not exactly a ham-n-egger, btw. I'm a several-time hundred-ball runner in 14.1 (had a 114 a couple months ago, in fact), so I like to think I know what I'm doing. I'm not a full-time pool player like you (I'm a working man with a successful career at a Fortune 25 company), so for me, it's all about what works naturally for me, with no monumental expenditure in time.

Don't get me wrong; I am dedicated to learning CTE/Pro-1 (I've both of Stan's DVDs, in fact), and you might know I'm the guy behind the "Proving CTE/Pro-1 through math" thread that you may've stumbled on in this Aiming Conversation subforum. But I just wanted to offer you a proviso and the heads-up about your euphoria getting the best of you when it comes to the marketing of CTE/Pro-1.

I'll tell Bernard you said hi.
-Sean

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
If I said that a top level coach in China has seen the CTE dvd and says it works would anyone here believe me or care? ......(Just like any other system,getting it to work is the real challenge.)

If the top ten Chinese players said they use it or something similar would it change anyone's mind here?
....(doesn't matter, its still not pro1.)

Judgment will always play its part when it comes to aiming,have you found away around that? Don't think so.:smile:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Learn the CTE visuals...
Pivot to CCB CCB is target
SHOOT
NO JUDGEMENT

Nothing else like it....PERIOD

Stan Shuffett

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see a sense of humor here, Stevie. You may not be familiar with my screenname, but you and I have met a couple times. I'm a good friend and former colleague of Bernard Gray.

One thing I'd caution you about, though, is the belittling of other aiming methods (e.g. your use of the word "prehistoric" when referencing what you think is the system I use -- which may not be what you think it is). You're making assumptions here, and then insulting them.

I know you're amped-up and psyched about CTE/Pro-1. But please don't be blinded with the euphoria -- this is what gets CTE'ers in trouble here in these aiming threads / subforums. Aiming topics traditionally dip their wing, burst into flames, and do the death-spiral into the ground precisely because of things like this.

I'm not exactly a ham-n-egger, btw. I'm a several-time hundred-ball runner in 14.1 (had a 114 a couple months ago, in fact), so I like to think I know what I'm doing. I'm not a full-time pool player like you (I'm a working man with a successful career at a Fortune 25 company), so for me, it's all about what works naturally for me, with no monumental expenditure in time.

Don't get me wrong; I am dedicated to learning CTE/Pro-1 (I've both of Stan's DVDs, in fact), and you might know I'm the guy behind the "Proving CTE/Pro-1 through math" thread that you may've stumbled on in this Aiming Conversation subforum. But I just wanted to offer you a proviso and the heads-up about your euphoria getting the best of you when it comes to the marketing of CTE/Pro-1.

I'll tell Bernard you said hi.
-Sean

This thread was to educate others on what a few of the pros have been recorded mentioning about their methods and what they do. But like the way Johnny tried explaining he was all over the place. But I think he got his point across when he dialed in on the third of that object ball to line up and split the wicket even though Shane was almost on top of his head. Looked like he knew exactly what he was looking at and it sure wasn't his shaft.

Yeah, Bernard and I are cool. Good to know you guys are pals.

There were no intentions of belittling or even a hint of insulting going on in my post. I was merely writing about my own journey with contact points, railroad tracks, fractional overlaps ( using two edges). My apologies on coming across like that. But, I'm relieved that those days are long gone. Prehistoric time for me if you will.

Congratulations on your run. My highest was against Shawn Wilke. 85 n out at the worlds. I'm quite proud of it actually considering how much of it I play which is none. It doesn't suit my taste. Fast n Furious. That is why I like pro one. I don't have to figure to much into the shot. Much simpler. Perception n shoot. I struggled a lot with the other methods I used. The before mentioned.

I really hope you stick to what you say about learning Stan's method. If you do need any support? Since you are Bernard's pal and I like your style ( a little ) I wouldn't mind helping you on my dime even though you could afford me. Not anyway remotely saying you can't learn it on your own. :)

Enjoy the journey!

Best Regards

BLADE

steviemoore.com
justcueit.com
mezzusa.com
Premium soft Zan tips are awesome too!

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Well even if we had a perfect system,your ability to make it so all depends around what your seeing . No one can be perfect,it is obvious watching cte user's, their using the eyes to locate something. No judgment...you shouldn't miss a ball.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I regularly see pros walking around to view the contact point on the OB (OB-to-pocket point) which Stan says is a no-no in his video. Holhmann does it on every shot. Archer does it 4:5 shots.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I regularly see pros walking around to view the contact point on the OB (OB-to-pocket point) which Stan says is a no-no in his video. Holhmann does it on every shot. Archer does it 4:5 shots.

Nowhere do I ever say looking at CPs is a no no. Having said that, though, CPS basically can not even be seen.
I simply conveyed on my videos that looking at Shot lines is not a have to in CTE.
Also, Thorsten does not walk around to view shot lines on every shot.

There is nothing wrong with viewing a perception of a shot line.
I think in my 100 ball run on vimeo on my tight diamond I rarely if ever viewed a shot line.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Nowhere do I ever say looking at CPs is a no no. Having said that, though, CPS basically can not even be seen.
I simply conveyed on my videos that looking at Shot lines is not a have to in CTE.
Also, Thorsten does not walk around to view shot lines on every shot.

There is nothing wrong with viewing a perception of a shot line.
I think in my 100 ball run on vimeo on my tight diamond I rarely if ever viewed a shot line.

Stan Shuffett

It establishes a strong connection to the shot. No need to look for a contact point .
If you are ...your doing it wrong.:) Some just don't get it I guess.

In others words drop the contact point down to the table surface and focus on that.
Maybe there's a little more to it ....but its a great start.
You never start out on the wrong side of the shot.:joyful: