Please don't expect a lavish pool website with instruction, tons of media, and content. In short, I'm not a pro or a teacher. I only play once or twice a week and on a good day, I play as a weak "A" player, but usually fair as a "B+" player, since I take the whole summer off and spend the fall and winter trying to get back into stroke. I used to co-manage a pool hall in Canada, when I was in my early twenties, and even had a cue repair business. Nowadays, I play for the fun of it and enjoy small cash games and tournaments. I'm a league player, but I'm taking a break this year and next to get my head clear from all the handicapping nonsense.
In short, I love the game and enjoy writing about my billiard exploits and tournaments finishes and would like to introduce you to my new website, which has content from when I started playing till now. Granted there is a lapse of ten years, where I didn't play, since I was travelling around the world, but I think a blog/website is a great venue to share experiences and content, just like this forum.
http://thwaites.info
While viewing the website, check out my billiards blog, galleries, and videos. For those who haven't seen my pictures from the 12th DCC 2010, I was able to capture some great photos. Also, please check out the videos I took of some one-handed money games between Tim Heath and Jimmy Mataya. They have some great entertainment value even if some people don't like either player; I sure enjoyed watching them play!
In 2012, I'm planning to go to DCC for the whole event. This should procure some great pictures and videos to share. Please check back for new content. Feel free to provide feedback too! I'm always looking to improve the site, since I built this on my own with a pretty cool Wordpress template as the core.
Cheers, Mark
In short, I love the game and enjoy writing about my billiard exploits and tournaments finishes and would like to introduce you to my new website, which has content from when I started playing till now. Granted there is a lapse of ten years, where I didn't play, since I was travelling around the world, but I think a blog/website is a great venue to share experiences and content, just like this forum.
http://thwaites.info
While viewing the website, check out my billiards blog, galleries, and videos. For those who haven't seen my pictures from the 12th DCC 2010, I was able to capture some great photos. Also, please check out the videos I took of some one-handed money games between Tim Heath and Jimmy Mataya. They have some great entertainment value even if some people don't like either player; I sure enjoyed watching them play!
In 2012, I'm planning to go to DCC for the whole event. This should procure some great pictures and videos to share. Please check back for new content. Feel free to provide feedback too! I'm always looking to improve the site, since I built this on my own with a pretty cool Wordpress template as the core.
Cheers, Mark