some time for others as well as a favor"

What about IVORY FERRULE???
Same glue-I use loctite gel control-
Should I put a pad on the tip first ???
any help is appreciated

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Ivory and pad are my recommendation, why? When your tip wears down, but it's still in good shape, a miscue could crack the ferrule. Also always warm up a ivory ferrule before play if it's been in the cold. I would also, do the glue down/facing in two stages. First the pad, then next the tip.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Use Super Glue Gel. NEVER since it first came out, did a tip come off and I've tipped probably 400 + cues, at hm and pool rooms I ran. If it whip fell on too a hard floor with all the force going to the tip when dropped, it then could detach.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes put a pad on ivory ferrule. Loctite ultra control gel or Loctite Professional works fine. The Professional holds a liitle better on some layered tips but is messier. Since it is a thinner glue.

Island Drive

Silver Member
What ever brand, but the Superglue gel thickness works, and this gel is workable for quite enough time, when doing the final ''visual'' facing, inspection, centering of your " glue burp overhang''.
Never clamped, after the tip ''burp drop''....that layer of gel thickness is perfect and should Not be ''too thin''.
Thinner glues ''not recommended'' unless your a cue maker and have your own deal goin on.

Last edited: