Tips for players with a 314 shaft

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 314-2 I have came with a fresh Kamui black clear installed by previous owner about 4 years ago. Never felt like home. I generally play old maple with Triangles. Think I'll finally cut the Kamui off and install a fresh hand picked Triangle and give it a go. Love them Triangles...

Nyquil

I went sniper and it's a great tip. I have another cue with kamue super soft clear. I also like the hit but I can tell the tip will be higher maintenance no big deal. Sniper though has so much power while still feeling soft. Tiger knocked it out of the park. I really disliked the kamue medium it miscued like crazy for me.

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
You should pay $25 for a layered tip because, before them, and $500 carbon fiber shafts, and $800 break cues, and $600 jump cues, and $30 chalk-- no one on the planet could even run a rack!:rolleyes:
Thank you B.S. capitalist companies for the new "miracle" innovations that have turned everyone into the pros we are today!:cool:
😑Seriously, just get a Triangle or Water Buffalo tip.... and use Master chalk.
And, with the money you save, get some pro lessons and enter more tournaments. Those two things alone will help your game more than any fancy foo-foo equipment.🐩
PS--- As far as equipment goes, going from a standard maple (after over 35 years) to a wood, low-deflection shaft is the only thing that was worth the cost for me personally to upgrade. It improved my 9-foot shooting accuracy quite a bit. Enjoy your ld 314!

Last edited:

Zerksies

You should pay $25 for a layered tip because, before them, and $500 carbon fiber shafts, and $800 break cues, and $600 jump cues, and $30 chalk-- no one on the planet could even run a rack!:rolleyes:
Thank you B.S. capitalist companies for the new "miracle" innovations that have turned everyone into the pros we are today!:cool:
😑Seriously, just get a Triangle or Water Buffalo tip.... and use Master chalk.
And, with the money you save, get some pro lessons and enter more tournaments. Those two things alone will help your game more than any fancy foo-foo equipment.🐩
PS--- As far as equipment goes, going from a standard maple (after over 35 years) to a wood, low-deflection shaft is the only thing that was worth the cost for me personally to upgrade. It improved my 9-foot shooting accuracy quite a bit. Enjoy your ld 314!
One word for the $25 tip hater. Consistently

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you pay to have tips installed, the layered tips are the better deal. Let me explain...

I have never, so far, had to remove a layered tip do to being defective. Can't say the same about single layer... especially the LePros. If you pay to have them installed, the average price is $15 to $20. Those single layer tips (LePro as an example) just cost you $32 to $42. And that's assuming the second one was good. $15 to $20 to have the layered tip installed would put you in the same price range, and you only do it once.

And don't say just install them yourself. Many people don't. Yes, some of you have your methods to sort tips. But for th average Joe, they don't get into that. So it ends up being a crap shoot.

Last edited: