To Dome or Not to Dome

Should single layered tips be offered in an non-domed version by the manufacturer?

• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ekb6760

Misplaced Texan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just want to get an opinion from cue makers and other cue repair people regarding popular single layer tips such as Elk Master, LePro, Triangle, and Triumph. Should the manufacturer offer these tips in a Non-Domed version, such as layered tips are made? Please note that I am not saying that pre-domed tips should no longer be available, just that if a cue maker or repair person wanted them non-domed (i.e. flat), then getting them that way would be an option. Poll will be open for 7 days. I will attempt to contact tip manufacturers if the polling results warrant it. Your vote is appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

likestorack

Registered
yes i think they could be produced more consistently if they where flat and easier to press in a vise as well if desired

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree that from a cue repairman's perspective that the economy priced single layered tips mentioned should be made not domed. But knowing that home table owners are a big part of the market these tips are targeted toward and they do not have the skills or knowledge about pressing tips before installation that trained cue repairmen have, I had to vote NO purely for marketing reasons.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just want to get an opinion from cue makers and other cue repair people regarding popular single layer tips such as Elk Master, LePro, Triangle, and Triumph. Should the manufacturer offer these tips in a Non-Domed version, such as layered tips are made? Poll will be open for 7 days. I will attempt to contact tip manufacturers if the polling results warrant it. Your vote is appreciated.

Thank you.

The old adage - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." comes to mind.

Dale