Tokyo area pool rooms

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Are there any pool rooms in the Tokyo area that have Diamond tables? Seems like most of the places I’m finding online all have Gold Crowns. I’ll be in Abiko, Chiba but I don’t mind taking the train into Tokyo. It’s probably 30-40 minutes by train to Ueno station.

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just called Bagus 24/7 pool room in Shibuya and as far as they know there are no Diamond tables in Tokyo. You might call Diamond just to be sure.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screenshot_20191204-155542.jpg

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there any pool rooms in the Tokyo area that have Diamond tables? Seems like most of the places I’m finding online all have Gold Crowns. I’ll be in Abiko, Chiba but I don’t mind taking the train into Tokyo. It’s probably 30-40 minutes by train to Ueno station.

What's wrong with a GC that is setup properly? I don't think there is a clear difference between a Diamond vs a GC as long as both have been setup well. I am one that actually prefers how a GC plays when done well with 4.5" pockets over a Diamond. Do you really just want a place to play with Diamond tables or are you going by the fact that in general places with Diamond tables are better setup for pool?

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
What's wrong with a GC that is setup properly? I don't think there is a clear difference between a Diamond vs a GC as long as both have been setup well. I am one that actually prefers how a GC plays when done well with 4.5" pockets over a Diamond. Do you really just want a place to play with Diamond tables or are you going by the fact that in general places with Diamond tables are better setup for pool?
Nothing wrong at all other than most of the tournaments and stuff here in the US are on Diamonds these days so, if im going to hit balls while I’m in Japan for a few weeks, I’d go somewhere that had Diamonds if it was an option. Nothing wrong with GC’s at all.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand. The rosewood colored diamond is my favorite, I think that other colors wouldn't look as good in my room.
I think the PRC would be fine too. The flat and smooth surfaces have an industrial beauty.

That said, there is a classic visual appeal that wood grain provides, especially when seen in large pieces.

I wouldn't kick either out of my pool room. We have great tables, for sure.