Too Hot - Too Hot

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Looked outside - most beautiful deadly sunset you ever did see.

The Chippy Creek fire --- ranked the worst fire in Montana and US ---- is putting out some huge smoke. Its about 30-40 miles away. And the Jocko Lakes fire ---- ranked number two as far as nasty (structures have been destroyed and mandatory evacuations for quite awhile) is the other direction from me --- 30-40 miles away. Friend was down from Kalispell (70 miles away - they have a couple other fires going too, along with smoke from Chippy Creek). Said he had burning pine cones landing on his truck while he was driving in town.

Just got a call from another friend --- news bulletin --- US93 (that goes from Mexico to Canada) which is about 3 miles from me is closed down the road 30 miles away due to fire -- well that blocks off the best two hospitals in MT and all deliveries for us (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc). A little too much adventure right now. Could use a whole lot of rain right now.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jack Madden said:
Looked outside - most beautiful deadly sunset you ever did see.

The Chippy Creek fire --- ranked the worst fire in Montana and US ---- is putting out some huge smoke. Its about 30-40 miles away. And the Jocko Lakes fire ---- ranked number two as far as nasty (structures have been destroyed and mandatory evacuations for quite awhile) is the other direction from me --- 30-40 miles away. Friend was down from Kalispell (70 miles away - they have a couple other fires going too, along with smoke from Chippy Creek). Said he had burning pine cones landing on his truck while he was driving in town.

Just got a call from another friend --- news bulletin --- US93 (that goes from Mexico to Canada) which is about 3 miles from me is closed down the road 30 miles away due to fire -- well that blocks off the best two hospitals in MT and all deliveries for us (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc). A little too much adventure right now. Could use a whole lot of rain right now.

I hope you cleared the brush around your place. Don't make me bring my helicopter in to get your fat ass. :)

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Black Cat Fire

Jack Madden said:
Looked outside - most beautiful deadly sunset you ever did see...

...Just got a call from another friend --- news bulletin --- US93 (that goes from Mexico to Canada) which is about 3 miles from me is closed down the road 30 miles away due to fire...

I have family in the Frenchtown area. If any of you happen to get any good updates on the fire in that area, please let me know. Would like updates from folks who are closer in. All I've got to rely on right now, is what I found at http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/story.asp?S=6931520&nav=menu227_8_4. You guys probably have it on tv...??? Do you have any clue of the current boundaries of this fire and what areas have been evacuated? Please keep us posted, if you can and stay out of the mess.

Thanks in advance!

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
JesPiddlin said:
I have family in the Frenchtown area. If any of you happen to get any good updates on the fire in that area, please let me know. Would like updates from folks who are closer in. All I've got to rely on right now, is what I found at http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/story.asp?S=6931520&nav=menu227_8_4. You guys probably have it on tv...??? Do you have any clue of the current boundaries of this fire and what areas have been evacuated? Please keep us posted, if you can and stay out of the mess.

Thanks in advance!

You might want to call them. I was told the US93 closure is for Evaro (thats the town on top of the hill going out of Missoula). Another website is US gov. www.nifc.gov for fire updates --- but they don't have road closure for US93 on it.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
I hope you cleared the brush around your place. Don't make me bring my helicopter in to get your fat ass. :)

Thanks Jay - you can bring you helicopter when this is over and we can take a spin or two ---- best way to see grizzlies:)

Got about 80 of the neighbors Black Angus cows eating the pasture and got about a mile of irrigation pipe going 24/7 until "watering season is over" (that means it gets cut off when the powers that be decide its time to shut down).

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Jack Madden said:
You might want to call them. I was told the US93 closure is for Evaro (thats the town on top of the hill going out of Missoula). Another website is US gov. www.nifc.gov for fire updates --- but they don't have road closure for US93 on it.

Thanks for the link. My step-dad used to live in Frenchtown and it's his family. His computer is broke down, so I've been keeping him updated. I believe they live west of the fire, a little ways, but I'm not sure how far. I've never been up there. Have a lot of homes been destroyed?

I will be reading the stuff on the websites, but hearing from a human from the area might be nice -- when you have a minute to share some updated info. Not being used to living around wildfires and only reading about it from the news sites, it's real easy to misinterpret things. When things happen here, everyone else tells us of the horror stories they heard on tv or in the papers and it's always way off from what really happened.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
JesPiddlin said:
Thanks for the link. My step-dad used to live in Frenchtown and it's his family. His computer is broke down, so I've been keeping him updated. I believe they live west of the fire, a little ways, but I'm not sure how far. I've never been up there. Have a lot of homes been destroyed?

I will be reading the stuff on the websites, but hearing from a human from the area might be nice -- when you have a minute to share some updated info. Not being used to living around wildfires and only reading about it from the news sites, it's real easy to misinterpret things. When things happen here, everyone else tells us of the horror stories they heard on tv or in the papers and it's always way off from what really happened.

JesPiddlin

Check out www.missoulian.com (this is the Missoula paper website). This fire is east of Frenchtown pond and north of I90 - some mandatory evacuations --- Black Cat Fire.

You learn to dislike lighting this time of year. Just wish we had some rain without the thunder and lighting strikes.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
The idea of wildfires scares the hell out of me! I do hope you get some good rain out there soon to damp things down.

I'm thinking you need it to look something like this...

realpool1.jpg

Something like that should help!

The pic comes from this thread http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=68894

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Jack,

Don't let the fire get to your place. I would hate to hear that my cue has caught fire!!;)

Hope that your arm gets to feeling better. I hear that it has been out of commission for a couple of weeks now. Hope to hear from you soon..

Take care, JBK

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jack Madden said:
Thanks Jay - you can bring you helicopter when this is over and we can take a spin or two ---- best way to see grizzlies:)

Got about 80 of the neighbors Black Angus cows eating the pasture and got about a mile of irrigation pipe going 24/7 until "watering season is over" (that means it gets cut off when the powers that be decide its time to shut down).

It's a Robinson R-44, and you can put it down in a 100 foot opening. I'm not the pilot though. I just look for naked girls sunbathing in the back yard. :)