Tournament in Germany including Reyes & Bustamante

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

I doubt it gets much love in the European Tournament section, so I thought I post it here.
The "German Tour" final event is only a few weeks away and what a great tournament it is
Held over 5 days near Frankfurt it features 312 of Germany's best players - and not only Germans. Since it's the final of the German Tour ranking points count and Efren Reyes and Francisco Bustamante not only qualified, but also signed up for it!!!
The tournament is a 312 player format with group stages and a final elimination round, the winner takes home 3000 Euros.
Beside the two Filipino superstars the majority of the top German players is present as well as Nick vd Berg, Niels Feijen...

The main venue with have 2 tables with live streaming, preliminary rounds partly take place at different venues near-by with a possible live stream as well.
Jan 6th-10th 2016
www.germantour.net

Last edited:

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The link to Efren's crazy 10-ball is already on the forum. Reyes and Bustamante are currently on a road show in Germany prior to this big tournament.
Bustamante will start tournament action on Thursday 6pm CET, Reyes will play on Friday 6pm CET

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Proud to be on of the many sponsors for this event/series. One of
the best things to happen for pool in Germany in quite a while.

Niels Feijen and Joshua Filler are the guys to beat in this tournament.

gr. Dave

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
3000 Euro's?

The tournament is a 312 player format with group stages and a final elimination round, the winner takes home 3000 Euros.

That is a small payout for a tournament of this size.

Wedge

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member

That is a small payout for a tournament of this size.

Wedge

It's actually 5k added with no green fees (we don't have those in Europe) taken out.
But, I do agree the 1st prize could be bigger but since it's a a final tournament of a
ranking series they chose to pay out deep (upto 124th place) instead.

gr. Dave

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would drink my beer rather than play against other 300 tough players in this tournament for 3-5k prize lol
Really what is happening with pool???

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I would drink my beer rather than play against other 300 tough players in this tournament for 3-5k prize lol
Really what is happening with pool???

Good things are happening. The tournament is full or very near full,
and the first prize is 54x the entry fee which seems fine to me. Sure,
they could try for 75 or 100€ for next year and up first place to, say,
5000€ but really the first goal is to get a full field.

gr. Dave

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We didn't have anything like that in 20 years!
Bustamante and Reyes are here and did a roadshow the past week and a half.
Bustamante played strong today and won all of his matches. Reyes only starts tomorrow, but had "Action" today winning 8:7 in 9-Ball against Tobias Hoiß for an undisclosed amount.
Tony Drago won every match in record time, but got beaten by Evangelos Vettas, should be through to the next stage as well.

Check out my pictures on flickr
https://flic.kr/s/aHsksvAw8e