Tournaments while wearing masks

Cuedup

I keep hearing people say they're "being careful" but then they have a family get togethers or invite friends over for dinner.
Its been a year. We've lost 2 family members to Covid.

I'm 'careful'. That means I don't go to the mall, the movies, crowded stores, parties, crowded restaurants and so on.
However, I still visit my mom every so often. The family masked up and saw each other on Christmas morning. We haven't gone into complete seclusion because we have to live our lives.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have been taking care of an elderly Aunt for the last 17 years.
She never married and had no children.
Have been visiting her in assisted living once a week until about 11 months ago due to Covid in the assisted living facilities.
I placed her in hospice about 10 days ago and she passed 3 days ago.
She was 101.
Very sad I could not see her at least once while she was in hospice but they
were not allowing visitors as they have active Covid cases in the area she was residing.

There are probably thousands of similar cases as this.
Can't wait for this to end.
Until that time comes we will be vigilant about masking and even more vigilant about distancing.
It's all about distancing when it comes to a communicable disease.
It ain't rocket science.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Would you play in a tournament that required masks on for the duration? Proper distancing may not be possible for the first few rounds, if that matters
If the infection rates are high enough to mandate masks, I wouldn't go in the pool hall. I have an elderly mother and I don't want to expose her to any risk that I can avoid. I'll wait until at least my mother is vaccinated and probably longer so the overall infection rate goes down. I've lived without pool for a year now, a couple more months isn't going to kill me.
You are all being played and you do not know it. Their is no virus, just non-stop bullshit. Now throw away your masks and refuse to go anywhere that requires you to wear one. There now, don't you feel better?
Geez, could have fooled me. I know someone who barely pulled through and I know plenty on this forum have lost friends and relatives. This virus is no joke.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
This thread has been about mostly the physical effects of masking. What of the psychological effects?

4:28 video demonstrating how babies react to faceless situations. I'd really not thought about such things. This is an example of the unseen negative consequences of dictates foisted upon an unsuspecting populace.

Jeff Livingston

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
This thread has been about mostly the physical effects of masking. What of the psychological effects?

4:28 video demonstrating how babies react to faceless situations. I'd really not thought about such things. This is an example of the unseen negative consequences of dictates foisted upon an unsuspecting populace.

Jeff Livingston
Considering you should be staying home unless absolutely necessary, what does this even matter? I doubt the CDC (or anyone) cares if you wear masks with your baby at home.

You have no relevance at all here beyond your continued point of "no, I refuse to care about other people"

Thank you for your input until that point, the rest of your political and pseudo-intellectual copy/paste blathering is tired.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have no relevance at all here beyond your continued point of "no, I refuse to care about other people"
I need to be free. If I can't shoot heroin, go maskless, run red lights, and own an AK-47, then I might as well be living in a gulag in Russia. 'Merica is all about freedom! If you want Sharia law, then stay over there. If you don't fight against masks, then you won't have a country anymore; it will just be a location on a map where people inside the borders wear masks during a pandemic to keep from killing each other. That's not a country!

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Considering you should be staying home unless absolutely necessary, what does this even matter? I doubt the CDC (or anyone) cares if you wear masks with your baby at home.

Thank you for your input until that point, the rest of your political and pseudo-intellectual copy/paste blathering is tired.

I think you missed the point of it. It was about the communication that happens between two Persons just by the face. It showed how removing that communication causes distress.

And you have no argument again, just more personal attacks. You know why I refuse to care for a pool player who uses fraud to ruin tournaments to gets money because he is an inferior player.

If you're tired of my postings about political and "pseudo-intellectual copy/paster blathering," simply come up with a counter argument to refute any of it instead of another personal attack that leaves my argument standing on top.

Jeff Livingston

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you missed the point of it. It was about the communication that happens between two Persons just by the face. It showed how removing that communication causes distress.
I understand your point, but I'm guessing you wouldn't be okay with see through masks either. The free market in action, right?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

And you have no argument again, just more personal attacks. You know why I refuse to care for a pool player who uses fraud to ruin tournaments to gets money because he is an inferior player.

If you're tired of my postings about political and "pseudo-intellectual copy/paster blathering," simply come up with a counter argument to refute any of it instead of another personal attack that leaves my argument standing on top.

Jeff Livingston

If you don't like what someone says, you claim they "have no argument". Incredibly weak.

I made a very clear counter-point. No one cares if you wear a mask in your own home. If your psyche cannot handle a piece of cloth protecting the world from you, then stay home instead and be as psychologically free as you wish.

I also didn't make a single personal attack until now, as I try to refrain from dealing with incredibly fragile, snowflake-like people. You wrap yourself up in sensationalism to push whatever opinions you hold, pseudo-intellectualism and all.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I understand your point, but I'm guessing you wouldn't be okay with see through masks either. The free market in action, right?

I'm ok with any mask, just not mandates to wear those to simply do one's business. Your link said the FDA was...., so that's not so free market. Not sure you point there.

Masks have benefits or wouldn't have existed. And drawbacks.

I've read other articles saying that skool kids who are wearing masks are having some social problems because of that. It makes sense.

TANSTAAFL,

Jeff Livingston