"Train the Trainers" Camp in Praha, Czech Republic Jan, 2014

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Just arrived home from Praha (czech republic).
Stayed there for some days to instruct upcoming instructors of the 2 countries czech republic as well as from slovakia. Their official federation CMBS asked me to help to develope their first official instructor program to build a solid foundation for the future.
Of course i felt really very honored, because one of my students *remembered* me, and wanted me to do this honorful job.
So on day 1 we had to *break the ice* and the hurdle of the language barriere, where i really have had kind of big respect- but Tomas Onderek did an amazing job- he nonstop was able to translate english to czech (in case i spoke) and vice versa from czech to english, if some of the *non-english speaking* guys answered or asked. Hats off Tomas and thank you again!

So on the first day the concept and blueprint have been explained. From the technical part the first thing they have been taught was the principles of
"Set-Pause-Finish (freeze)" - which was really a pleasure to teach. The crowed immediatley understood the simplicity of this concept-and what was even more (let me use the word funny)- that IMMEDIATLEY most of the girl (1) and boys implemented the *famous 3 stops* into their PSR. And the smile on their faces, if suddenly some things happened easier :eek:)
Following discussions depending on questions they had- or about what they have been curious.
On day 2 we reviewed some things, and thrown some additional informations about instructing and teaching itself. Some *simple rules* to follow. (to work with kids, "no gender", amount of time- how to handle problems, what *could* happen in the future etc. ). Following a small ability test, to see how they handle the nice stick on their own...after they learnt something about SPF. Was a great day1
Day 3 then we created groups- where i expected from each group to *observe* each other- Each player had to play a number of shots- and everyone for himself had to take notes about the *player*. So everyone was able to make his first *expirience* with observing and what to look for.
Here i really really was curious about the outcome. And was really surprised how much some have learnt in these 3 days- which sounds like a long time...but it isn t really much time if you never taught something- especially without having knowledge about theoretical stuff.

Everyone surprised me in a very positive manner- i m proud of everyone and looking forward to the next trip, which will be end of february.
These guys deserve every single bit of support- it s a pleasure to work with such dedicated people.
One thing kicked me completley when i heard, that one of these guys has 30 kids to teach ....THIRTY- what kind of paradise is this? to have 30 young humans to teach pool? I was shocked- isn t that a bomb? Just fantastic that something like this happens in our loved sport.

Finally a very big thank you to Randy Goettlicher aka Pops, "MyLady" Fran Crimi, David Sapolis aka BlackJack, Stan Shuffett aka Mr. Pro1 and many many more (sorry if i forget someone to name)- These persons really helped me a lot-and always have been ready to help in the past years. As well for *giving tips* or just for being their if i had here and there questions...or just needed kind of a confirmation.

Looking forward for Camp2 in Praha,

lg from overseas,
Ingo
all may have a smooth stroke!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingo...What an incredible report, and awesome experience. The amazing part, in my eyes, is the ability to translate the languages. It's not too terribly difficult to teach the physical properties (stance, grip and pendulum swing), even with a language barrier...but communicating why we teach this way, and explaining the subtle differences, as it applies not only to playing at a higher, more consistent level; but also training themselves to be better teachers. You've created a monster my friend...and Pops and I are very proud of you, in promoting and teaching SPF in your part of the world! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Good job, Ingo. Also your report tells that you seemed to enjoy yourself and you had some really good students there. Keep up the good job! :cool:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Good job, Ingo. Also your report tells that you seemed to enjoy yourself and you had some really good students there. Keep up the good job! :cool:

thank you buddy!
i really enjoyed my time there- my *negative throughts* had been gone in no time.
Looking forward for the next camp. Already working out the next time-schedule- will be even more structured bc now i had some insights how long communication/discussion takes with all the translating.

we ll talk soon my friend from finland :)