triangle

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a new style triangle sometimes used during the world 10 ball matches. Anyone have info on this? Mitch

soyale

they mentioned that it was the “new predator rack” rougly every ten minutes or so, but i do not know whether or not it’s available for purchase yet.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
It's a neat looking rack, but very "thick" sides. Might make trouble for 14:1 players. I have a delta 13 and unless the predator one was half it's price or you were a huge predator fanboy, I see no real benefits. They aren't re-inventing the wheel, just making one they can put their name on.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the Oi v Chua match, JJ commented on how the break was showing that the balls were not racked perfectly. He thought only one side of the rack was tight, and if players could have inspected the rack breaks would have been much better.

John has a lot of experience. He took a fair amount of time getting the rack "right". Was it the rack?

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think triangles have 3 sides-usually. Maybe someone here can help out with this most challenging of questions.

Best
Fatboy
6F670871-7E1E-4362-A0B0-FAD5CD341A56.png

I think a triangle pool rack will typically have 3 sides, as Fatboy points out. But, the question can be more complicated than that.

middleofnowhere

Registered
View attachment 609426

I think a triangle pool rack will typically have 3 sides, as Fatboy points out. But, the question can be more complicated than that.
I would say a pool triangle has 8 sides. 3 outside and 3 inside with 3 outside radius and 3 inside radius. You can also count the 3 dementional nature of it as having a top side and bottom side for a total of 8 sides.

If it were a solid object it would have 5 sides. Probably the only one with 3 sides would be a drawing on a piece of paper. But that could be argued as having demension to it as well.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 609426

I think all racks should be created with ball separators like this one.

All of the balls should have about 1/4” equal separation between them.

That should cut out some of the racking shenanigans and arguing about “loose” or “tight” racks.

F64C7E84-7EC0-4358-B3A3-679A3CC2E4BD.png

Last edited: