Turn down OB-2 shaft?

suharsh

Registered
I bought a slightly used OB-2 shaft. I have gotten used to the slimmer Mezz and OB+. This one I believe is 12.75 or 13mm. Knowing that the ferrule is the wood / linen material, is it possible and would it be ok to have it turned down? This will be done by an experienced cue maker.

Want to make sure that I don't go for it if it is not advisable. I have got regular shafts with the white ferrules turned down in past.

RBC

Deceased
Suharsh

If your shaft is 12.75mm, then it's not an OB-2.

The OB-1 is 12.75mm. The OB-2 is 11.75mm.

No matter what, any of the OB shafts are good to be turned down as much as .5mm. We don't recommend anything beyond that.

Royce

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a slightly used OB-2 shaft. I have gotten used to the slimmer Mezz and OB+. This one I believe is 12.75 or 13mm. Knowing that the ferrule is the wood / linen material, is it possible and would it be ok to have it turned down? This will be done by an experienced cue maker.

Want to make sure that I don't go for it if it is not advisable. I have got regular shafts with the white ferrules turned down in past.

The OB website has good info on this as well as other things like repair and tip replacement.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
"Turn Down for what!?" Haha
Sorry couldn't resist and I hardly know that song.

suharsh

Registered
Thanks to all. Yes it is OB-1 ... always get confused between the four models. This one doesn't have the model # - says demo. My question is answered, thanks.

0.5mm should be good enough.