Turning an One Piece Cue into a Center Jointed Cue

liurex

Help needed!

Hi folks, I’m thinking turning my one piece snooker cue into a center joint cue. Just wondering what type of joint offers the best playability and makes the cue still feel like one piece? Should I use piloted or flat joint? English style brass joint or American Style big pin wood to wood? Or I should use a G10 for the weight? What type of joint do you think makes the least impact on the feel of a center joint cue?

Any advise is welcome! Thanks!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Help needed!

Hi folks, I’m thinking turning my one piece snooker cue into a center joint cue. Just wondering what type of joint offers the best playability and makes the cue still feel like one piece? Should I use piloted or flat joint? English style brass joint or American Style big pin wood to wood? Or I should use a G10 for the weight? What type of joint do you think makes the least impact on the feel of a center joint cue?

I'd guess wood-to-wood, but here is the "Ask the Cuemaker" sub-forum:

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Help needed!

It would really depend on what's available to you. For example, many cuemakers in the UK won't have access to or be familiar with joint pins, inserts and taps for American cues.