Turning Stone Classic XXXI Thread: photos, predictions, updates, etc.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
This is bizarre. LoreeJon and Jennifer Barretta are hill-hill, LoreeJon plays a safety, Barretta kicks and hits the 1, but clearly gets no cushion after the hit. LoreeJon for some reason does not realize this, and Jennifer says nothing.

LoreeJon plays a safe on the 1 without ball in hand, then ends up losing the game on a 1-9 combination. Very, very strange.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barretta didn't hit a rail after contacting the 1-ball in their hill-hill game, but Loree Jon failed to notice and didn't take ball in hand. A couple minutes later she lost the match to Barretta on a 1-9 combination. Ouch.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB pulled a move and that little smirk after making the 1-9 tells me that. She knew damn well she did not make a rail after contact. I am big on technicalities and admit it is not her responsibility to tell her opponent but at times doing the right thing trumps that. You are supposedly supposed to be a professional pool player.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
JB pulled a move and that little smirk after making the 1-9 tells me that. She knew damn well she did not make a rail after contact. I am big on technicalities and admit it is not her responsibility to tell her opponent but at times doing the right thing trumps that. You are supposedly supposed to be a professional pool player.

My guess is that she'll say she didn't know that she didn't hit a cushion, even though it was obvious that she didn't.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After this match and the Grabe vs Wilkie match, I just can't understand why TV and Vegas want nothing to do with pool.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
It's hard to see sitting down 10ft away.

This is part of the problem. You're 10 feet away, and you're sitting down, which means you can't really see what's going on on the table when your opponent shoots.

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick comment on "Kevin West"....

Wanted to just say congrad's to "Kevin West" for playing very well... keep it going bro...
great win over your 3 opponents... Your fans are Rooting for you!! :)

t

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope. Just both played as slow as baseball changing pitchers with every shot.

(Grabe vs Wilkie)

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is part of the problem. You're 10 feet away, and you're sitting down, which means you can't really see what's going on on the table when your opponent shoots.

Players are in folding chairs down very low. They should be in taller spectator chairs.

I'd never want to win that way...

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Players are in folding chairs down very low. They should be in taller spectator chairs.

I'd never want to win that way...

Any action at your place? Might come by tomorrow night if there is - depending on the poker game at TS
Jason

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Open FB, search UpState AL, go to his page and click on the live video.

We non facebookers cant search but if a link is posted for EACH match we can watch if it is like it has been in the past-would really appreciate links tooday!! Thank you.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only time I miss being on FB is during Turning Stone. Unfortunately, that's not reason eneogh to join it. I miss what use to be.