Twas the nite before X-mas AZbilliard style

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Silver Member
Twas the night before X-mas, and all through the poolhalls not a sole to be found. There 8-ball stockings hung in the corner pockets of there chimneys in hopes that St. Nick soon would be found.

The poolhall junkies all nestled in there beds. While visions of new poolcues danced in there heads. When out on my pooltable there arose such a clatter. I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

To my amazement it was St. Nick. He said to me race you to 5, & I`ll spot you the 7. But he said be quick, I`m kinda busy tonite. He spoke not a word & went right to his work. With a wink of his eye & a twist of his wrist, I knew I should have ask for the six. When it was over he said in a hush, here son I`ll give you my GUS.

He went to his sleigh & gave his team a whistle. As he yelled out there names now Scruggs, now Cochran, now Tascarella, now Blackboar, now Palmer, now Olney, now Southwest, now Balabushka. Your my workhorses that get the job done.

As he flew out of sight he said Merry X-mas to all you poolnuts & have a good nite.

I hope I didn`t affend anyone by this poem. I just wanted to say
Merry X-mas & do it billiard style thats all. Thanks for reading Jeff
 
That is so cute! :smile:

Here's one that some members created in the NPR section this year.

Twas the night before Christmas, I logged in the forum.
Members were missing, and I wanted a quorum.
I felt really dumb opening a new browser
Looking up "quorum," instead of pills to arouse her.

Up came an idea, as I sprang from my chair.
ESPN was on, and I wanted Efren on there.
When, what to my wandering eyes should appear,
Twas Jay Helfert and JoeyA, both getting in gear.

There was Toupee, so lively and quick.
With Fatboy and his satchel of C-notes so thick
Not a creature was stirring, not even the cops.
As JoeyA walked in, licking his chops.

Birds flocked to the rails, filling the chairs
making side action, on the outcome there.
While LWW and Hondo nestled snug in their beds,
With visions of NPR threads dancing in their heads.

I reached for my mouse, to see what was the matter.
When I gave it a click, I read some strong chatter.
Plain as day and in black and white
BJ, Sev, and Drew were going to fight.

All of a sudden, there came a great crash
It was only Purdman and Punter takin' out the trash.
Out I went for a walk in the night
When I came upon a very strange sight.

With a red suit and boots that came up to his knees,
OMG, he looked just like our Smorgie!
There was Team Europe, all dressed in their best.
complete with supporters like Roy and the rest.

Packed with their presents for all goodness sakes.
Mugs full of Guiness and some Varney Jump Breaks.
Then what to my wandering mind soon appeared?
Team USA in a sled with 10 reindeer.

Johnny, Shane, Jeremy, Rodney, and Earl
were each taking turns giving Smorgie a whirl.
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry,
Making all those break 'n runs made him feel merry.

Then pulling out his cell from a sleigh of plenty,
He proceeded to place a call to Trooper 420.
"Got to get out of here quick, so I need a clear path",
"If you're not too busy could you help me do the math?"

So off he went into that dark, dark night,
With Manwon and Gunn-Slinger by him, he knew he'd be all right.
You see he had lots of beautiful cues to deliver,
To people like Cocobolo Cowboy, Asiasdad and akaTrigger.

Matchroom Sports brings us the Mosconi Cup
And Team USA will always chalk up
Could they bring the message that's written above
And tell us, most of all, it is pool that we all love?

To everyone on AZB a Safe & Healthy Holiday
With lots of extra pool time to play and play and play.
Along with another wish I hope you take,
Here's to a Happy 2009 and finding that perfect break!

I tiptoed about, with the stealth of a mouse.
I had junk food hidden, allover the house.
I'd eat with both hands, I'd show it no quarter,
I'd wash it all down, with gallons of water.

I'll eat what I choose, afterall, it's MY life,
Just keep your mouths closed, and don't tell my wife.
It's the holiday season, of warmth and good cheer,
But I would prefer Hooter's wings and cold beer.

It was the day after Xmas and Santa was still wired
Even though after last night he thought he'd be tired.
"Good grief", said Mrs. Claus, "why don't you just try hittin' the sack?"
"Nah", he said "think I'll call JesPiddlin to shoot a few racks.
So off to the poolroom they went, he and JP
And since he was Santa, they were compted the hourly fee!!


Seasons Greetings to everyone! I can't wait for my daughter to wake up and give me my presents!

Boy, that's a switch, ain't it?! It's nice when they all grow up! :thumbup:
 
Back
Top