UMB Antalya 2023

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw some qualification matches earlier and see no online mention of the World Cup/ earthquakes.

Andybody got people playing there and know?

Big(ish) bike race was cancelled.
Screenshot_20230206-151919.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, yes, those two cities seem to be different even though they have nearly the same name. Kind of like Oakland and Auckland, which I understand are not even close to each other. And none of those four cities is close to the epicenter of the recent quake in Turkey. I assume the bicycle race was cancelled out of sympathy rather than safety considerations unless they are having rock falls.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, yes, those two cities seem to be different even though they have nearly the same name. Kind of like Oakland and Auckland, which I understand are not even close to each other. And none of those four cities is close to the epicenter of the recent quake in Turkey. I assume the bicycle race was cancelled out of sympathy rather than safety considerations unless they are having rock falls.
Righto

And the bike race requires access to much more of the land, of course.

Plus, these tours normally end in the capitol city, showcasing it.

Horrible happenings to the folks there, I don't want to come across as worried about sport.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bert vM has just posted that the UMB has cancelled the Ankara World Cup out of sympathy for the victims of the quake.

1675782277657.png