Unfamiliar game

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
I went to a pool room yesterday to check out the tables. On the table next to me, there were about 10 Asian guys playing some game I'm not familiar with. It's obviously a betting game. They had the standard red, white, and yellow balls on the table. But there were little wooden pegs at various positions on the table. Some up against the rails. Some in various spots in the middle. Some were single pegs and others were double pegs. They were keeping score of some type. I don't know if they were trying to hit the balls without hitting the pegs or vice versa. I wish I had taken some pics of the game/table.

Do you know what this game is? And the rules?

Juanuribe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to a pool room yesterday to check out the tables. On the table next to me, there were about 10 Asian guys playing some game I'm not familiar with. It's obviously a betting game. They had the standard red, white, and yellow balls on the table. But there were little wooden pegs at various positions on the table. Some up against the rails. Some in various spots in the middle. Some were single pegs and others were double pegs. They were keeping score of some type. I don't know if they were trying to hit the balls without hitting the pegs or vice versa. I wish I had taken some pics of the game/table.

Do you know what this game is? And the rules?[/QUOTE
yes, the purpose is to make free caroms without knocking down the pegs until whatever points, 30, 50 or so, however let's say you need to make 50 points and you already have 45 and then you knock down the pegs you have to start from zero, and in some cases you have to put the amount of dollars you are betting or quit playing and the other player wins the game and money, you need yo have a nice touch for this game.

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. Do you know what the game is called? I'd love to see what the rules are and how to set up the game. Might be something I'd be interested in learning.

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
Vietnamese game with the little umbrellas

I know they play that at the Vietnamese Billiard halls that I go to. Next time I am there I will have my girlfriend record video footage of the game with her smart phone. I own a dumb phone : )

In the Latino Billiard hall I go to there is a game called "Russian", where you play with four balls and have to make a double carom. I will try to film this too.