Unknown 9 footer

Nyquil

Planning on placing my deposit for a pro am but I have been keeping an eye out for used tables in my area. The guy selling this said he doesn't know anything about it other than it's a 3 piece slate and has world of leisure pockets. I don't think world of leisure made tables of this style. I google searched and maybe it's an old brunswick but not 100% sure. The guy wanted $700 but dropped it to $500.00 I would have quite a bit to pay a competent Mechanic to sort out issues based on what I was planning on paying for the diamond. Anyone know what this table is and if it's worth gambling on it?
1464288-1615256046-581306.jpeg
1464288-1615256037-216970.jpeg
1464288-1615256054-487092.jpeg

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a Brunswick Regina.
Take this to the Mechanics section with more photos.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you play on Diamonds competitively than this old Brunswick, or whatever it is will not help much - you may very well end up being very frustrated when you play competitively and it is nothing like your home table. Table speed, rebounding, and pocketing will differ greatly.

Nyquil

Thanks all for the feedback. I didn't notice this forum had a mechanic session. Anyway I think I'll just pony up and get a diamond. Buy once cry once.

Nyquil

590 is 500...but it is never going to play like the diamond.

Never.
So I have heard. I did get a chance to play on a few diamond bar boxes recently and really like how they play. I am sure a home table is gonna play phenomenal especially the 9's. Thanks for your comment.

Nyquil

590 is 500...but it is never going to play like the diamond.

Never.
So I have heard. I did get a chance to play on a few diamond bar boxes recently and really like how they play. I am sure a home table is gonna play phenomenal especially the 9'. Thanks for your comment.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yea ancient tables are pretty in pictures, but not good for much else unless in the end unfortunately

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't agree at all that T-Rail tables don't or can't play well.
I do agree that the older T-Rail tables may be harder to assemble correctly, but if you know the common issues, there's solutions for them.

Remember when the Cobra announced that Diamond was to adjust their tables to play with angles more like a Carom table?

My old 1926 Brunswick Regal played nearly perfect angles.

BTW Verhoeven rails are a T-Rail design. Don't hear many complaints about them.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Ya that's the general consensus it appears. What brand of table do you play on? Seems to be a ton of diamond owners on this forum.

i own a 6ft valley with 4.24 corner pockets and a 9ft hollywood carom table

diamond is nice, just more than i can afford

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A well setup Valley with upgraded rails plays really well. There is a place maybe an hour drive from me that has a bunch like that and I find they are as enjoyable and play true like the Diamond 7 footers.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do agree that the older T-Rail tables may be harder to assemble correctly, but if you know the common issues, there's solutions for them.

Remember when the Cobra announced that Diamond was to adjust their tables to play with angles more like a Carom table?

I totally agree! The old T-rail tables I grew up playing on were fine playing tables, and by that time they were already probably 60 years old in a commercial setting. The only drawbacks that I have noticed over the years is they typically have big pockets and narrow rail caps with limited bridging options when the CB is close to the rails, or pockets. The big pockets are an easy fix for any good mechanic.

Nyquil

Nothing wrong with playing with what you got. I wish I had room for two tables

I did text this guy back to at least let him know what he had and he could price as he sees fit. I think for 500 he is giving it away imo.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with playing with what you got. I wish I had room for two tables

I did text this guy back to at least let him know what he had and he could price as he sees fit. I think for 500 he is giving it away imo.
Please don't shop for a table in my area!