Unknown Cue

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hi Folks, can any of me AZ friends identify the maker of this cue? A customer brings it into the pool room regularly. Says he purchased it roughly 20 years ago used. Asked if I could identify it for him and suggest a value. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Unknown Logo.jpg
    Unknown Logo.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Unknown Pin.jpg
    Unknown Pin.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 192

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Folks, can any of me AZ friends identify the maker of this cue? A customer brings it into the pool room regularly. Says he purchased it roughly 20 years ago used. Asked if I could identify it for him and suggest a value. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Chinese cue. Had one. Play pretty good. They were about $110 new. IIRC KaoKao is the maker. They make most of the import stuff sold by J&J.

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Chinese cue. Had one. Play pretty good. They were about $110 new. IIRC KaoKao is the maker. They make most of the import stuff sold by J&J.
This is correct. I actually owned one of these, I think it was 10 years ago. The quality was actually pretty ok. They had them on offer on Ebay quite often and you could get them dirt cheap, but the price Garczar gave is probably the retail. The one I had had 4 points and I think a buttsleeve inlay and I think I gave about 90 bucks for it. It got stolen along with my other cues many years ago.

The quality and playability of that cue was perfectly acceptable, nothing too great but by no means bad.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kaiser? Or a company from the same factory? I don't know if they had that KC also logo but they were pretty well known cheaper cuemakers for making a good SW copy for the price. KC, Kaiser Cue, although it's just a guess but that matches. New they were in the $200 range and some came with two shafts, at least for the SW copies with points.

KM101 model from here http://jjcue.com/kaiser5.htm

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kaiser? Or a company from the same factory? I don't know if they had that KC also logo but they were pretty well known cheaper cuemakers for making a good SW copy for the price. KC, Kaiser Cue, although it's just a guess but that matches. New they were in the $200 range and some came with two shafts, at least for the SW copies with points.

KM101 model from here http://jjcue.com/kaiser5.htm
All made by KaoKao in China.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is correct. I actually owned one of these, I think it was 10 years ago. The quality was actually pretty ok. They had them on offer on Ebay quite often and you could get them dirt cheap, but the price Garczar gave is probably the retail. The one I had had 4 points and I think a buttsleeve inlay and I think I gave about 90 bucks for it. It got stolen along with my other cues many years ago.

The quality and playability of that cue was perfectly acceptable, nothing too great but by no means bad.
Home burglary or pool hall?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I live in Europe, so these cues will probably never surface. I did get a lead 4-5 years ago where one of the cuecases and an the worst cue was posted for sale on a website. I got into contact with the seller who claimed that the cue had belonged to his tenant who'd left without paying rent, and they'd confiscated his stuff. That could have been a lie, but the guy seemed believable enough and not at all like a petty criminal. At the time it had gone too long for any prosecution to be made and the one cue and the case that did surface was all beaten up at this point. They did offer to give it back to me, but at that point I was over it and they were adament that they didn't have any of the other cues or tools/electronics. I believe the likely suspect of the crime passed away from an overdose. He was a sort of known figure locally, small time dealer and crook.

This was a major burglary where a number of tools were stolen from a workshop, and various electronics as well as my cues and other private stuff belonging to others from the office. I talked to the others at work when I got my lead, but nobody really wanted to take this any further since it had been years.

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know a guy locally that has that exact cue. I have not seen him in some time. Your guy isn't named Pat is he?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
K C cues were Asian southwest copies most popular in the 90s and early 2000s. There are several AZ threads about them.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I know a guy locally that has that exact cue. I have not seen him in some time. Your guy isn't named Pat is he?
No. This guy used to work at a local pool room many years ago. Thought the cue looked good. On closed inspection, you can see the butt cap is separating from the cue. Not sure if he will be happy or sad when I tell him the input from my AZ friends.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. This guy used to work at a local pool room many years ago. Thought the cue looked good. On closed inspection, you can see the butt cap is separating from the cue. Not sure if he will be happy or sad when I tell him the input from my AZ friends.
Very good. Yes, there is a small gap there for sure!

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a cue very similar that comes out of Singapore, for the price it plays ok. It is suppose to be a cored cue, the shafts weren’t all that great but the butt rolls straight recently paired it with a beque shat and it plays ok! And for the money I can’t complain!
c171b0149f9bc77b130e5e8c5ab7fed4.jpg

60e64ba283e1e76f11d40221f9f8f38a.jpg

ef33f46159083bfb031dc14d88f71b29.jpg

5ab444376a47951ee62a5a94433a4d8e.jpg

0738e40be0af06363aa703e1c06acadc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a cue very similar that comes out of Singapore, for the price it plays ok. It is suppose to be a cored cue, the shafts weren’t all that great but the butt rolls straight recently paired it with a beque shat and it plays ok! And for the money I can’t complain!
c171b0149f9bc77b130e5e8c5ab7fed4.jpg

60e64ba283e1e76f11d40221f9f8f38a.jpg

ef33f46159083bfb031dc14d88f71b29.jpg

5ab444376a47951ee62a5a94433a4d8e.jpg

0738e40be0af06363aa703e1c06acadc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHAT!!

Hahaha!

That is a sweet cue!