Unknown Purpleheart Sneaky Pete I.D. maybe?

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Mine has sat in a cheap case in the trunk of my car in Florida for over 20 years as a “just in case“ cue. Still pretty much dead straight. That’s almost scary!
Makes you think how many of us baby our cues, me included. There are so many brands made in China and Taiwan. Those cues can take months in storage and transport time to reach the U.S. Ship containers are out in the in the elements for months, subject to extreme temperatures and humidity. Yet the majority of those well made cues remain straight for years. Many will even outlive us.

I won't be leaving any of my cues in the car on purpose for years. But well made cues are more sturdy than we care to admit sometimes.

Last edited:

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Thanks, to everyone for all of the feedback. Tried digging around a bit for more info. Not much other than those that have the older versions love the cue.

It seems the earlier cues are actual full splice, while the later cues are forearms with points added to a separate handle/butt.

I'm sure this must be for manufacturing reasons, but it is too bad imo. It may still play well, but visually I think it cheapens the look.

1663011213669.png

Last edited:

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, to everyone for all of the feedback. Tried digging around a bit for more info. Not much other than those that have the older versions love the cue.

It seems the earlier cues are actual full splice, while the later cues are forearms with points added to a separate handle/butt.
Thanks for starting the thread. I have been enjoying playing with my sneaky so much that it has become my main player.

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than the purple heart wood it sure looks like a Meucci I had back in the late 80s or early 90s. Same kind of joint, pin and brass sleeve in the shaft. It was a particularly good hitting cue!