Unsolicited Review - Scott Lee

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought I'd give a testimonial for Scott Lee, who came over today to give me and my wife and pool lessons.

We just got the lessons today, so I'm kind of at square one and should report back after I've practiced the drills and principles Scott taught us, but I will say that as far as lessons go, Scott delivered all I wanted and more in terms of patience, education, understanding and having an overall reasonable approach. I have a clear action plan to make my game better and that's what I was looking for.

Scott is obviously a natural and experienced teacher, and so if you have any interest in getting professional lessons and you have an opportunity to get them from him, I suggest you do it.

I've been playing regularly for a couple of years now -- fairly early on, I more or less hit a wall. My game is essentially a roller-coaster of nice shots and dogged shots. I've read an awful lot of instruction online (and downloaded a couple of PDFs as well), but I can see now that getting a lesson from an experienced instructor is well worth the time and investment, because these guys are able to tailor their instruction specifically to your style of play.

Again, I have much to prove in order to demonstrate that I can turn what I learned today into a consistent, solid stroke, but what I can say is that I now know what my stroke template should be thanks to Scott's thorough analysis and support.

He's got great equipment and tools for training and he uses them effectively -- he offered deep, sensible analysis and his lesson plans leverage years of research (which I can attest to because as stated I've done a lot of research on my own), and he readily cites his sources which are pertinent to his teachings. I won't give too many details as I don't want to disclose anything proprietary about his approach, but suffice it to say that he's got a solid methodology which he clearly knows inside and out, and he'll patiently take you through it regardless of your personal ability or speed.

I've got my work cut out for me but I'm glad to have a plan which should give me more predictable results, and now when things go wrong, shame on me if I can't figure out why. Scott has given me all the reference points I need to make sure I stay in alignment.

Thanks Scott!