UPA League of Champions

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello All,

I was approached this evening by someone who was recruiting players for the UPA League of Champions. Does anyone on the board have any input or had any experience with this league? I checked out their website and there was not a lot of specifics listed. Any info or experiences good or bad will be helpful. Feel free to PM any replies if you so wish. I am looking for honest input before joining.

Many thanks in advance.
 
I've been playing 9 ball on Mondays around here and just formed an 8 ball team on Wednesdays. I really like it, especially 9 Ball. For league 9 Ball, I'm used to playing APA and the format in UPA is so much better (games won instead of race to point total). Also, the league caters to higher skilled players with a skill level cap of I believe 28? Masters divisions go up to 30 for a 5 person team.

No national tournament (as of yet), which is OK with me. Never liked the idea of paying dues all session so some sandbagger team gets to go to Vegas. My 9 Ball team won last session, and even thought there were only 4 teams in our newly formed division, my team was paid over $900. Second place got like $550 IIRC. I basically played for free last session, and if we could get more teams, it could be a definite moneymaker.

Rules allow jump cues, 3-foul rule (in 9 Ball, not in 8 Ball), no forfeits unless you're over the skill level cap or less than half of your team is there (meaning you can play someone twice in a night if you need to). I just think it's great all around.

If anyone in the Atlanta Area is interested in the UPA, message me and I can get you in touch with the right folks. Randy Morris is the LO around here and he's a really good guy to deal with.
 
Back
Top