UPDATE FROM THE FIELD- starcard Billiards Tournametn

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Tarantula, Josh Hillard, JoeyA are still in the hunt. I just finished up my last match of the night with a nice finish. I finally played a decent match. Scotty Townsend gave me a pep talk and I played VERY decent for a change. Jim Jennings is on the one loss side with the two other AZ members. JoeyA is swinging! Actually I just had some easy matches but don't tell my opponents. They played hard.

John Schmidt gave me another spanking playing some one hole yesterday before the tournametn. I played him for a steak dinner and he barbecued me so I paid. Great steak restaurant in Pensacola called Coach and Four. Rustic place with GREAT steaks.

The tournament went off without a hitch at 11:00 today. I am just checking into a Day's iNN down the street to get some sleep my next match is at noon tomorrow so I can get some good sleeep..

I drank about three or four beers today while playing. It seems to be working ok so I guess i will keep the formula for a while. :)

Robyn always puts on a great tournament. It is $1500 added and EVERYTHING gets paid back. There are over 70 players and by the end of tonight it will be down to 24 players to finish up tomorrow.

Starcade Billiards has a hot grill cooking steaks and hambrugers all day and all night.

Anyway, I just thought I would give a report. No gambling all the tables are used for the tournament. GREAT seats for sweaters and resting. They are movie theatre seats and very comfortable.

If any of you have ever thought about attending a tournament, this is a VERY nice one to play in . I drove over 4 1/2 hours to play in it trying to get in shape for Buffalo's tournamnent next weekend and also the US Amateur tournament. The pep talk by Scotty helped settle me down for a good finish tonight. Scotty is on the one loss side taking a spanking from AZ's Tarantula who played some really good pool to beat him.

Haven't really been on the other side of the pool room where the bar tables are but the players over there remind me of the BANGERS that play out of the pool hall over in Kenner, LA. They can't run three fooking balls. :p :p :p :p Actually this crowd on the other side of the pool room where the bar tables are , might just be a notch better than what's left at the pool hall in Kenner, LA. Anyway i have alittle buzz and am going to sleep.

If I win my next match tomorrow I will face John Schmidt.

Reporting from the field. :D
JoeyA
 
JoeyA said:
Tarantula, Josh Hillard, JoeyA are still in the hunt. I just finished up my last match of the night with a nice finish. I finally played a decent match. Scotty Townsend gave me a pep talk and I played VERY decent for a change. Jim Jennings is on the one loss side with the two other AZ members. JoeyA is swinging! Actually I just had some easy matches but don't tell my opponents. They played hard.

John Schmidt gave me another spanking playing some one hole yesterday before the tournametn. I played him for a steak dinner and he barbecued me so I paid. Great steak restaurant in Pensacola called Coach and Four. Rustic place with GREAT steaks.

The tournament went off without a hitch at 11:00 today. I am just checking into a Day's iNN down the street to get some sleep my next match is at noon tomorrow so I can get some good sleeep..


I drank about three or four beers today while playing. It seems to be working ok so I guess i will keep the formula for a while. :)

Robyn always puts on a great tournament. It is $1500 added and EVERYTHING gets paid back. There are over 70 players and by the end of tonight it will be down to 24 players to finish up tomorrow.

Starcade Billiards has a hot grill cooking steaks and hambrugers all day and all night.

Anyway, I just thought I would give a report. No gambling all the tables are used for the tournament. GREAT seats for sweaters and resting. They are movie theatre seats and very comfortable.

If any of you have ever thought about attending a tournament, this is a VERY nice one to play in . I drove over 4 1/2 hours to play in it trying to get in shape for Buffalo's tournamnent next weekend and also the US Amateur tournament. The pep talk by Scotty helped settle me down for a good finish tonight. Scotty is on the one loss side taking a spanking from AZ's Tarantula who played some really good pool to beat him.

Haven't really been on the other side of the pool room where the bar tables are but the players over there remind me of the BANGERS that play out of the pool hall over in Kenner, LA. They can't run three fooking balls. :p :p :p :p Actually this crowd on the other side of the pool room where the bar tables are , might just be a notch better than what's left at the pool hall in Kenner, LA. Anyway i have alittle buzz and am going to sleep.

If I win my next match tomorrow I will face John Schmidt.

Reporting from the field. :D
JoeyA

Wow what a lame day I have had. Good Job Joey and good luck!
 
JoeyA said:
Tarantula, Josh Hillard, JoeyA are still in the hunt. I just finished up my last match of the night with a nice finish. I finally played a decent match. Scotty Townsend gave me a pep talk and I played VERY decent for a change. Jim Jennings is on the one loss side with the two other AZ members. JoeyA is swinging! Actually I just had some easy matches but don't tell my opponents. They played hard.

John Schmidt gave me another spanking playing some one hole yesterday before the tournametn. I played him for a steak dinner and he barbecued me so I paid. Great steak restaurant in Pensacola called Coach and Four. Rustic place with GREAT steaks.

The tournament went off without a hitch at 11:00 today. I am just checking into a Day's iNN down the street to get some sleep my next match is at noon tomorrow so I can get some good sleeep..

I drank about three or four beers today while playing. It seems to be working ok so I guess i will keep the formula for a while. :)

Robyn always puts on a great tournament. It is $1500 added and EVERYTHING gets paid back. There are over 70 players and by the end of tonight it will be down to 24 players to finish up tomorrow.

Starcade Billiards has a hot grill cooking steaks and hambrugers all day and all night.

Anyway, I just thought I would give a report. No gambling all the tables are used for the tournament. GREAT seats for sweaters and resting. They are movie theatre seats and very comfortable.

If any of you have ever thought about attending a tournament, this is a VERY nice one to play in . I drove over 4 1/2 hours to play in it trying to get in shape for Buffalo's tournamnent next weekend and also the US Amateur tournament. The pep talk by Scotty helped settle me down for a good finish tonight. Scotty is on the one loss side taking a spanking from AZ's Tarantula who played some really good pool to beat him.

Haven't really been on the other side of the pool room where the bar tables are but the players over there remind me of the BANGERS that play out of the pool hall over in Kenner, LA. They can't run three fooking balls. :p :p :p :p Actually this crowd on the other side of the pool room where the bar tables are , might just be a notch better than what's left at the pool hall in Kenner, LA. Anyway i have alittle buzz and am going to sleep.

If I win my next match tomorrow I will face John Schmidt.

Reporting from the field. :D
JoeyA

Good luck Joey. Please say hi to my old buddy Pablo. And spank Schmidt one time for me. He needs a good whipping. :)
 
Scotty Townsend - CHAMPION POSTER

jay helfert said:
Good luck Joey. Please say hi to my old buddy Pablo. And spank Schmidt one time for me. He needs a good whipping. :)

I'll be sure and tell Pablo hello for you and given the chance I will give Schmidt a serious thrashing. :D

Off to the tournament to:

Have some fun.
Play some good pool.
Stay in the present.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.


BTW, I read an interesting well thought out poster designed and produced POSTER by Scotty Townsend. Don't let Scotty's country boy accent fool you. He's insightful, intelligent and a lot of fun to be around. Starcade Billiards had this nicely printed and framed poster about being a "champion" on one of their walls and it should be on every pool room's wall. Some say it should be above the urinal where everyone has to read it. I hope some of you will have achance to read it someday.
Later,
JoeyA
 
Drinking Beer While Playing ? Who'd A Thunk It....

JoeyA said:
BTW, I read an interesting well thought out poster designed and produced POSTER by Scotty Townsend. Don't let Scotty's country boy accent fool you. He's insightful, intelligent and a lot of fun to be around. Starcade Billiards had this nicely printed and framed poster about being a "champion" on one of their walls and it should be on every pool room's wall.

Some say it should be above the urinal where everyone has to read it. I hope some of you will have achance to read it someday.
Later,
JoeyA


Above the urinal ? What about the wimmin ?
Doug
( good luck at Starcade )
 
Small follow up

1.Schmidt ($1500)
2. Spano ($800)
3. Paul Turner ($500 I think)
4. Luther Blades ($350)
5. Stoney ($240)
6. Did you get 6th Joey? ($240)
7. Josh Hillard ($160)
8. Denny Fox ($160)


Boy I had a good chance to win this. Schmitter beat me 9-7 in the 4th match of the winners side. I couldn't make a ball on the break. Anyway, I finished 7th after a win and a loss in the losers. I'm unhappy but I guess I shouldn't be considering I had not picked up a cue in 2 months. Joey played good. Turner flaked off really bad for 2nd & 3rd place. I believe a guy that never played pool in his life could of won the set against Paul to get to the finals. All in all it was a good event and ran well.

Thanks,
Josh Hillard
 
Last edited:
Joey

By the way it was nice to finally talk to you in person Joey. Sorry again about talking during that one game of your match. As I said I'm just so used to it being loud when I play I forget that at times it bothers others.


Thanks,
Josh Hillard
 
Nine Ball said:
By the way it was nice to finally talk to you in person Joey. Sorry again about talking during that one game of your match. As I said I'm just so used to it being loud when I play I forget that at times it bothers others.


Thanks,
Josh Hillard

Josh, you and the other person were talking very quietly. The only problem was that everyone else was completely silent and while your conversation was quiet, it interupted my play. Thanks for remaining silent the rest of the match. It apparently didn't make any difference. :p But I do appreciate the sentiments.

I like the way you play pool. You have a great consistent stroke that is missing from many pool players. I would like to see you play regular and every now and then take a shot at the big tournaments to see how you stack up against the big boys. A couple of buddies and I are going to catch the last two days of the U.S. OPen to just watch how the big boys get it done.

Thanks,
joeyA
 
JoeyA said:
Josh, you and the other person were talking very quietly. The only problem was that everyone else was completely silent and while your conversation was quiet, it interupted my play. Thanks for remaining silent the rest of the match. It apparently didn't make any difference. :p But I do appreciate the sentiments.

I like the way you play pool. You have a great consistent stroke that is missing from many pool players. I would like to see you play regular and every now and then take a shot at the big tournaments to see how you stack up against the big boys. A couple of buddies and I are going to catch the last two days of the U.S. OPen to just watch how the big boys get it done.

Thanks,
joeyA


I've beaten a good amount of pro players in big tourns. I just don't have the desire to play anymore. That's why I don't play a lot of events now. Hell, I got 3rd last time and had a great chance to win then the following weekend snapped off one of Tommys events. Like I said I had not picked up a cue for 2 months before this past weekend and almost didn't even come to this event. I do have to say not playing for 2 months and go in and still be a threat to any player in the tourn was a good feeling. See you around Joey.

Thanks,
Josh Hillard
 
Back
Top