Update on the Des Moines pool scene

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Hmm would you guys come back tonite and bet something on the big table probably not cuz we all know he doesn't shoot as straight as these last few posts are making it sound. .

I think the game right now is $1000 - 10 ahead sets on the barbox til you pull up.

Scott will match up with anyone im pretty sure. I know he'd love to play some barbox 8 ball.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Frost i like the fact that you can dish it and take it aswell.

Just remember you and me are still buddies :)

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
of course he did FINALLY get to play EVEN on a barbox.

And i know you didnt stake the best player in town and then come with the hes not in stroke line right ? I mean you wouldnt really put a guy in the box for $1000 and ask people to side bet on him thinking hes not 100%

Much love frost, yes you're still into me for the $ $ $

Much love back at ya. He did get to play even you are right. It's not looking like him and jody are gonna play for a 100/game today. Jody is ready to play, but Jamie can't be found. I think Mike was a 100%. John M, Pet, and Mike B. all volunteered and made their own bets I didnt have to ask or persuade anyone to do anything. The only side bet I tried to make got rejected which is fine, it actually saved me money.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Frost i like the fact that you can dish it and take it aswell.

Just remember you and me are still buddies :)

It's like the Facts of Life theme song...wait did I just show my horrible choice in TV shows when I was young?

Take the good, You take the bad, and there you have The Facts of Life haha. I'm gonna sing that all night at the pool hall.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Just got off the phone with Jamie, hes ready to play right now. I think Big Dogs will open at 1 if i want. But it might be 2. Let me know if you still wanna do this and ill find out a time.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
If we can get it open at 1 that's a little better. Looks like a set is running about 4 hrs anyway but we'll just do 100/game so it prorates whereever we are at. I like that better anyways.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
$100 a game is fine But yes, 4 hours seems enough to play the 10 ahead. and i can have it open at 1pm just have to tell jon in the next 10 mins or so.

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member
I got $100 on Jody if he plays w/ that cue that had a chunk missing out of the tip!

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
its on in a half hour...jamie is running the gauntlet this week. if he gets out in one piece the dude deserves it.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Game switched to 10 ahead for $1000

Jody ended up not having to leave.

At 5 pm Jamie was up 6 and breaking and i left to do some stuff. Will try to let you all know later.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Jamie won at 6:30ish. Frost says jamie has moved up to the 3rd best player in town now ;)

Im thinking action might be off for the ahead sets. Frost said he dont like it. :eek:

Justin and Frost got talking about a 1pkt team match. VNEA ball count style.(maybe games won style) 4-5 man team. JasonC / Jamie / Justin / Me and if we need a 5th we would take Kampas. Against his stable. This would have to take place on Sunday before the 9 ball tourney. Jamie is leaving monday for Burlington unless frost is gonna put athens or jody in the box for the 10 ahead 1k game again. Pretty sure we would bet $100-200 a man.

I think thats all i got for now.

gn all :thumbup: