US Amateur

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
What is your girlfriend's name? If she isn't named Corr or Fisher and is from the US, you might have action against Tammie from IN.

I'm not sure how I can get in on this, being that I don't know Tammie...

Eric

Based on some previous posts by JJ, I believe his girl friend is Ming Ng.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I had seen this thread a couple weeks ago. Brian would have been my pick to win. I didn't even know he was playing in the amateur this year based on a previous conversation we had. He had an amazing finish several weeks ago in Sacramento. Glad to see him playing up to his ability again.

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I had seen this thread a couple weeks ago. Brian would have been my pick to win. I didn't even know he was playing in the amateur this year based on a previous conversation we had. He had an amazing finish several weeks ago in Sacramento. Glad to see him playing up to his ability again.

Congratulations to Brian Parks! Brian has been playing at an extremely high level as of late.

Last October the finishers in the 5th Annual Chuck Markulis Memorial Jamboree 2012 at Hard Times Sacramento, CA were:

1. Ronnie Alcano
2. Francisco Bustamante
3. Brian Parks
4. Amar Kang
5. Johnny Kang
6. Efren Reyes
7. Oscar Dominguez
8. Ramin Bahktiari

Today was the icing on the cake. Again, congratulations to Brian.

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool to see this post still going. Anyway final result was that I was the schlub that couldn't get going in either side final against Brian. Definitely pleased with my final result even if I struggled in a few matches down the stretch run. Whoever called Troys success made a good call. His game is no joke.

And for those who were curious about why we would play- there is no way I could get this kind of big stage experience anywhere else. Hopefully I will be prepared better next time as a result. Worth more IMO than a few hundred bux.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cool to see this post still going. Anyway final result was that I was the schlub that couldn't get going in either side final against Brian. Definitely pleased with my final result even if I struggled in a few matches down the stretch run. Whoever called Troys success made a good call. His game is no joke.

And for those who were curious about why we would play- there is no way I could get this kind of big stage experience anywhere else. Hopefully I will be prepared better next time as a result. Worth more IMO than a few hundred bux.
Daniel, you had a great tournament. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't stay til the end, but the event was pretty intense especially on the streaming table.

Good to meet you and tell Bob I said hello (even though I'll probably talk to him first).

Freddie Agnir

Protocol

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Congrats to Brian Parks first off, he played at a very high level all weekend. Secondly, Daniel you came out of nowhere to prove you are a force to be dealt with. Great shooting all weekend and look forward to seeing you in Atlanta next year. Jeff

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Brian Parks first off, he played at a very high level all weekend. Secondly, Daniel you came out of nowhere to prove you are a force to be dealt with. Great shooting all weekend and look forward to seeing you in Atlanta next year. Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Assuming this is the right Jeff, you played great as well!

seeya next year at the qualifier if not sooner.

Eieio59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to both Brian and Daniel! Both men played well and, more importantly, were a pleasure to meet and be around. These two, as well as all of the other players there played with heart, integrity and passion. We are proud to have met you all.

Troy and I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed this tournament and all of the people that we met. We ran into some old friends, made some new ones, got to play pool on some great equipment in a really cool event..... in Florida! Does it really get much better than that? We were happy to have had the opportunity to play. The APA staff, as usual, ran a great event. They take pride in running events in a professional manner and in giving both the players and the spectators a special event. They are a class act.

Inside Pool magazine and JR Calvert were also there, providing great coverage and a free live stream. As usual, their coverage was excellent and allowed everyone's friends, family, sponsors and anyone interested in the event to follow along from home. This, I can say from first hand knowledge, was a huge success! This was the first tournament that I have ever played in with live-streaming, social media, and one of the first with live bracket updates (don't know if it's a sign of how old I am - or how long it's been since I've played in a tournament)! Thanks to all of our family, friends and fellow players that kept up their support throughout this tournament. It was great getting all the support between matches.

For those of you that wonder who and why people would play in an event that doesn't pay any cash...... it is because there is a passion and a love for the game that doesn't depend on gambling, cash or anything else. For Troy and I, we love to play, have a true passion for playing - yet have very few tournaments that we can attend. We work 24/7 and even work about half of the weekends each year providing events for our APA players to enjoy. We have a daughter and, as most of you can appreciate, her sports take up most of the rest (and we are happy to do that with her). Therefore, we choose our tournaments carefully. This tournament, with its' quality reputation, has been one that I have wanted to play in for many years. Getting to play in this event was an honor.

The other players, both men and women, played their best and exhibited great sportsmanship and integrity. I cannot vouch for anyone's character outside of this event, but what I can tell you is this - not one time did I hear anyone argue about racking. Heck, very few times did I see anyone haggle about getting a re-rack. Not one time did I hear an argument about a bad hit, taking too long of a bathroom break, slow playing, the equipment being bad or any other one of the numerous things you usually hear at a cash tournament. These players played with class and integrity and for the pure love of the game. Anyone who questions the motive for playing this kind of event isn't a monster, they just may not understand that people have different goals, desires and motivations. Not everyone is motivated by money. We were just proud to have been a part of this tournament and to have the opportunity to have played with and spent the past few days with other people that feel the same about the game. Thanks to everyone at Crooked Cue, Strokers, the APA staff and League Operators, JR and Inside Pool and all of the players for making our trip such an enjoyable time.

Tammie and Troy Jones

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
✯✯ 2012 U.S. Amateur Championship Recap ✯✯

Congratulations Champs!

Brian, I know you got this as you were tagged on my post and I double checked to ensure it showed up on your timeline.

Tammie -- in case you did not get the PM I sent on FB (I sent a friends request BTW but have not gotten a reply as yet). ... and to all others who may not have gotten this:

Click the picture for the recap video.

Screen shot 2012-11-13 at 7.54.28 PM.jpg