US Open Brackets?

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dead Money said:
Will AZB be posting and updating brackets during the event? :)

the brackets will be up no later than tomorrow - there will be multiple daily updates as well, etc. etc.

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the players meeting took place a bit after 4 pm today and the brackets should be complete at the conference center around 6:30 pm. if i am not mistaken, there are only two rounds being played tonight - 8pm and 10 pm. the amount of talent in this one area is phenomenal.

the atmosphere is always great on the first day of the events - everyone all smiles, etc. there are even a few booths - i saw jacoby, ob1, Mr. Blackburn is doing repairs, accustats is there, briana products, many others.

anyway, that is my update thus far. nothing really has happened, but since everyone was curious about brackets, thought i would throw that out there.

more later.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
9balllvr said:
the players meeting took place a bit after 4 pm today and the brackets should be complete at the conference center around 6:30 pm. if i am not mistaken, there are only two rounds being played tonight - 8pm and 10 pm. the amount of talent in this one area is phenomenal.

the atmosphere is always great on the first day of the events - everyone all smiles, etc. there are even a few booths - i saw jacoby, ob1, Mr. Blackburn is doing repairs, accustats is there, briana products, many others.

anyway, that is my update thus far. nothing really has happened, but since everyone was curious about brackets, thought i would throw that out there.

more later.

Any results about the one pocket tournament at Master Q's.
JoeyA

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9balllvr said:

more later.

Thanks for the update:)

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Any results about the one pocket tournament at Master Q's.
JoeyA

1st Efren Reyes $1500
2nd Francisco Bustamante $1000
3rd Rafael Martinez $700
4th Robb Saez $500
5th/6th Mike Davis/Ronnie Wiseman $350
7th/8th Niels Feijen/Troy Miller (local) $175

here you go.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Brackets

Must have missed Gabe's name, but noticed that James Walden is playing in the Open this year, and Walter Glass (OKC) is too. Walter's first match is against Donnie Mills.

I noticed they mentioned Frank Alvarez winning, but he has to play Alex next... LOL

Trivia question - Okay, who was the last back-to-back winner of the US Open? Hint: Hairstyles have changed a lot since then.

Last edited:

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9balllvr said:
1st Efren Reyes $1500
2nd Francisco Bustamante $1000
3rd Rafael Martinez $700
4th Robb Saez $500
5th/6th Mike Davis/Ronnie Wiseman $350
7th/8th Niels Feijen/Troy Miller (local) $175

here you go.

Was there ever any doubt that Efren will win this 1pocket warm up tournament? Hope his 'luck' continues in the US Open. I would like to see him win another one before he retires.

Snapshot9

Silver Member
When ???

will the Brackets be updated with the 10 pm matches from last night.

And what time do they start today? I don't know, but the venue always seemed a little small to me, with not enough tables, but I imagine the price is right!

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
will the Brackets be updated with the 10 pm matches from last night.

And what time do they start today? I don't know, but the venue always seemed a little small to me, with not enough tables, but I imagine the price is right!

It will start at 11 am today based on the info they were flashing in the Bcn broadcast last night. I am not sure though if the daytime matches will have commentators or if they are only present for the feature matches tonight.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Trivia Answer - Nick Varner

Maybe John Schmidt can change all of that by the end of the week... :D

I think Gabe Owen and Tony Crosby are on a collision course to play each other in round 2. There's no easy matches in this tournament.

Snapshot9

Silver Member
Sheesh ....

Blackjack said:
They also have Steve Mizerak's name spelled wrong... lol... I'm pretty sure that after a year they could have at least found 1 picture of John...lol

They had ample pictures of John before he even got the crown!!! ... LOL
and plenty when he finally did win it, and good ones too...

And about Varner - I couldn't say he liked to chew gum as the hint ... ROFL but Nick, at times, looked like a cow chewing his cud the way he chomped on that gum ...
--------------------------------------------------------
Richie Orem will probably wish he stuck to Poker after playing Django in the 2nd round.

Okay, who are the Elvis's? Elvis Rodriquez and Elvis Perez!

And I see that Jay's 'horse', Jonni Fulcher, might run into Corey Deuel, could be an interesting match???

Last edited: