Shawn Putnam
Efren Reyes
Jayson Shaw
Brandon Shuff
Lee Vann Corteza
Li He Wen
Jia Qing Wu
Chin Shun Yang

By WPA World Ranking, 9 of the top 21 ranked players in the world are not signed up.

Corey, Mika, Alex and Efren are all past us open winners. They get a free entry because of that. I'm sure they'll show up.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:( Why are the top pinoys boycotting the US Open? I would have loved to see Orcullo, Corteza and Biado at least.

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey, Mika, Alex and Efren are all past us open winners. They get a free entry because of that. I'm sure they'll show up.

If I remember correctly, which is highly questionable, team Behrman no longer gives past Open winners free entry to the event.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If I remember correctly, which is highly questionable, team Behrman no longer gives past Open winners free entry to the event.

I heard the opposite ---- that the policy of free entry to past winners will be resumed.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I heard the opposite ---- that the policy of free entry to past winners will be resumed.

A current press release would be helpful regarding this
Especially since it was in a press release where he made the statement
Lack of communication for sure

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes, Barry Behrman did discontinue the practice of free entry for former champions, but, unless my memory is failing me, in his speech given during the Straight Pool Hall of Fame dinner in August, Barry announced the resumption of the practice. I interpreted his remarks as meaning effective immediately.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roberta, you are a very loyal person and a great friend to the Behrmans (i hope they do know what a great friend they have in you) even know you know what happen these past few opens, you still hung in there for your friends and that takes a very strong willed person to do so,!

Bless you for understanding that all of us makes misstakes more then once and friends like you give good people chances even if they need two or three times to get it right!

I just hope there are more friends like you out there in this tough world we live in today, that will keep on helping their friends until they finally get it right.

I dont know you personally Roberta, but i know you are a friend that everybody wish they had!

Thank you so much for your kind words, I can't tell you how touched I am! I am a very loyal person to my friends & family. I don't want that to be taken as I'm just blindly loyal as I'm sure some people think I am to the Behrmans. I wouldn't still be so supportive of them if I felt it wasn't deserved. I've seen so much of what they do to support pool, not just the pros by this event but on a local level as well.