USA vs. England, MC warmup

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
Agreed. This was a good warmup. Matchroom has done its part to help the US prepare. Now they'll have to do it against a much stronger team. Time to bring their best. The Mosconi Cup is so close you can taste it!

I'm thinking Matchroom might have plans to run MC-style event for country versus country, and this warmup event serves a dual purpose.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emily Frazer says 360K total viewers online. ;)

lol
so whole event lasted aboout 10 hrs. Which means every 5 minutes , count number of viewers so take viewer count 120 times. Each time count about 3K viewers online so total viewers online =120 x3K=360K :p

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
lol
so whole event lasted aboout 10 hrs. Which means every 5 minutes , count number of viewers so take viewer count 120 times. Each time count about 3K viewers online so total viewers online =120 x3K=360K :p

Facebook video views are way over counted. IIRC, any view that is more than 3 seconds is considered a viewer. Since video is autoplayed by default settings, people who stumble upon it while scrolling through their news feeds can be counted as viewers. :thumbup:

manopr350

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We shall see who will the weakest link be when the lights are on.., and I will bet you that Corey is not going to be the one. MHO

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just by watching yesterdays event I think it is hard to tell if team USA is ready for the MC. Some players just arrived in Europe and they might be able to step up their game one or two levels.
And they will have to do that, because otherwise we will see the same result as last year.
Team England might look strong because of the player`s names, but actually it is like marek said, atm they are like an European F team.
Imran Majid is #40 in the European ranking, Appleton and Boyes haven`t really been playing much for quite some time and Mark Gray is just finding his game again, as he also hasn`t done well in the last season.
Melling is MC material for sure, but he was the only one who is on the level of this years European Team.

From an US point of view Styer is a glimmer of hope, because he really played strong yesterday and I think he is really hungry for next weeks MC...something Shane was again missing yesterday. Shane could still beat anybody although he is just on 70%, but in some moments I had the feeling, that he again wasn`t really enjoying himself.
Woodward did what he had to do, and I wonder, if this year is the year, where he could step out of Shane`s shadow and take a leading role. He certainly has the potential especially if he has a good start in this years cup.
In my eyes Thorpe an Deuel are the weak points in team USA. I think especially Deuel for some reason puts a lot of pressure on himself and I fear he might crumble in the big arena.

Remember that Thorpe had significant jet lag after a series of flight delays. He'll be well rested and used to the time zone by next week.

That said, while I think this is a much better US team than the past few years (and good riddance especially to drama queen Hatch), just the thought of Kaci, Feijen, Shaw and Ouschan is enough to bring me back to Earth. I'll be more than happy if we can get it up to 7 to 8 wins, and 11 would be like a Miracle on Felt.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Even if you did need an account it’s not hard to make a fake one.

I swear some people complain about the dumbest things.

Exactly. What's the harm?

Name:
Norman D.A. Martian
email: Normy@mars.com

Attachments

• 81Bx6Np8W+L._SX425_.jpg
    81Bx6Np8W+L._SX425_.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 296

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
You should probably learn what spyware is before accusing someone about not understanding something :)

I used that word in its general sense considering facespace saves everything you do and write and navigate online. They then give the info to the .gov and interested 3rd parties. That's why many men stay off fb -that and most men don't need attention from everyone they know and many they do not.

I'm just glad you don't post pictures of your breakfasts, pets, and new outfits on here. Keep them on your facespace.