UStream test US Nationals now live!

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doug Second day of streaming was 1000% better than yesterday. Thank for stepping up to the Challenge. Thank!!! But hopefully greater discussion and guidlines/policy from the USBA Board Member about Live Streaming is needed.

Again Thank DD [and that not Dennis Dieckman]

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our original efforts centered around getting a person - paid or volunteer - with equipment to fly in and stream... Then reality set in... it was very expensive... air and lodging for that person... and perhaps fee for service.. were only part of the expense... the cost to bring signal in to the venue was very steep. In the end... I ran renegade... did what I could... and it seems to have paid off... now that I know what I know... and having done it once... things can only get better. Thanks to everyone who loves billiards and supports the players and the game.

Andy J.

Registered
Just so everyone knows, the USBA did arrange for the live streaming. Doug Deitel, a USBA board member, was the last option for live streaming as other options proved too difficult or costly. Doug worked closely with the nationals tournament committee to live stream the last day of the tournament.