UStream test US Nationals now live!

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have managed a renegade signal and are testing live streaming of the semi-finals at the USBA Nationals in Las Vegas. Doug Deitel, USBA Board Member has brought in a portable webcam studio with a mobile broadband connection. The signal is currently live on ustream.tv. Find the following channel: dogloose_ch1. The following link should take you there directly:

http://ustream.tv/channel/dogloose-ch1

Please let me know if you can see the event. We will continue to test all day hoping to find the best setup and quality under rather rough conditions.

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. We have several closer tables that are not active now... but we will continue to broadcast all day with whatever is active.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job Doug! All things considered....looks good.
Have you been able to test the score interfacing from Kozoom?

Last edited:

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may appear out of focus... but the "fuzziness" is related to the weak signal available. In order to get the stream out... we had to reduce the streaming speed and the video image size. The image we are sending is not the best we have... We are separately trying to confirm if any better signal strength is available inside the venue where we could improve the image.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have managed a renegade signal and are testing live streaming of the semi-finals at the USBA Nationals in Las Vegas. Doug Deitel, USBA Board Member has brought in a portable webcam studio with a mobile broadband connection. The signal is currently live on ustream.tv. Find the following channel: dogloose_ch1. The following link should take you there directly:

Please let me know if you can see the event. We will continue to test all day hoping to find the best setup and quality under rather rough conditions.

LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR...... :groucho:

AS off 1500 hrs EST i cud pick up some audio but no video....will check in later my connection is for shit right now so problem might be on my end. I knew somebody would take up the slack from USBA....tell doug HI frm me....GOOD JOB [who are u dogloose ??? du i now u ???

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check the signature... the secret is revealed... dogloose IS Doug Deitel!!!!!!

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
am i a stupid idiot....dog loose is DOUG DEITEL and not two different people.....a WORKING member AND ON THE SCENE of the Board of THE USBA......tap-tap-tap :groucho:

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No... Marcus did not come to Las Vegas. He certainly would have been welcome with his great experience with videography! The live stream we have now is my first attempt at remote video production... The weakest link in the chain is the signal available inside the venue... but we have a signal and will broadcast all day. Tomorrow we hope to have a stronger signal... but it has not yet been confirmed... stay tuned!

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TO ALL! The connectivity is severely limited due to the fact we are inside the building... the AT&T HSPA Mobile Broadband is very weak... You may experience any of the following: Picture freezes, picture goes dark, picture looks very jumpy. HOWEVER... there is some good news... The Tropicana is working on getting us a Wifi signal with a consistent, fast upload speed. We hope to be testing that as soon as the evening session. In the meantime we have taken the stream down during the lunch break to further work out the kinks... ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME... even if only to acknowledge you saw the stream... liked it... hated it... whatever... THANKS.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doug to be honest .. and I give you credit for attempting to Live Stream, But as I stated in another post. Just video the matches and download to Paul Frankel's [Professorqball] youtube site later.

As it stand now with the problems you might lose more viewers/waste times than it worth.

But Tell all involve Thank for trying..!!!

Last edited:

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha... everybody's a critic. We are now experimenting with a different connection. upload speed and resolution. If anyone is out there for the Wednesday evening matches take a look right now and post. It would be nice to hear from anyone who saw the stream earlier and can compare.

Just to be clear... We are recording SOME games and they will be posted. The streaming is my own volunteer project... my equipment... my time... I have my helmet on and I'm in the game.

Same station LOL: http://ustream.tv/channel/dogloose-ch1

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doug to be honest .. and I give you credit for attempting to Live Stream, But as I stated in another post. Just video the matches and download to Paul Frankel's [Professorqball] youtube site later.

As it stand now with the problems you might lose more viewers/waste times than it worth.

But Tell all invovle Thank for trying..!!!

TAP TAP TAP

I can hear some sort of audio but see no video at 2320 EST but better to have tried and lost than not to have tried at all.

LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR.......
:groucho:

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
haha... Everybody's a critic. We are now experimenting with a different connection. Upload speed and resolution. If anyone is out there for the wednesday evening matches take a look right now and post. It would be nice to hear from anyone who saw the stream earlier and can compare.

Just to be clear... We are recording some games and they will be posted. The streaming is my own volunteer project... My equipment... My time... I have my helmet on and i'm in the game.

Same station lol: http://ustream.tv/channel/dogloose-ch1

tap tap tap

tiger37373

3 Cushion Enthusiast
Silver Member
Doug,
Thanks for the effort. I know it can be a struggle to keep a feed alive with wi-fi, especially when the signal is weak. What's even weaker are the folks that will give you a hard time for not providing a perfect quality stream 100% of the time...FOR FREE! Anyway, I appreciate the effort.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any one stumbling across this thread and have gotten this far should know that the streaming is 1000% better today for the finals because we have a reliable and fast broadband signal....

PROBABLY AT MY END AS I LIVE SO FAR OUT IN THE STICKS THEY HAVE TO PUMP AIR INTO ME but as of 1455 hours all I can get is some audio sounds but no video and on the audio i can hear no one commentating.
AS a big favor could you call me when you are for sure streaming again so I can check in again. Only cause I am working out in the garden today and not really in front of the computer. 734-428-1161
Cheers....keep up the good works......ddddddddddddddddd