Value of 13 used Brunswick Metros?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
A friend who owns three pool rooms here in Chicago is closing one of them and wonders what the 9-foot Brunswick Metros there are worth, either on the open market or to a buyer of the business. All 13 of them are in excellent condition and all have new replacement frames that haven't yet been installed.

All thoughts and advice greatly appreciated...

pj
chgo

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idk the condition or current market.

I’ll share this Jay Helfert and I paid $500-$1500 for GC’s about 12 years ago when the pool rooms in 08 started closing down. We averaged $800/table. $500 was for old Frankenstein GC’s and $1500 was for well used but all original parts GC4’s. I think once we paid a bit more but they were almost new GC4’s

To get top $ sell them 1 at a time on FB market place or eBay. Anyone who buys the lot-will lowball the deal. That’s the best advice I can give you.

As far as price I’d rather not guess, I don’t know. That’s a better more honest answer.

Good luck, sucks to see a room close,

Fatboy

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend who owns three pool rooms here in Chicago is closing one of them and wonders what the 9-foot Brunswick Metros there are worth, either on the open market or to a buyer of the business. All 13 of them are in excellent condition and all have new replacement frames that haven't yet been installed.

All thoughts and advice greatly appreciated...

pj
chgo

Pardon my question as I'm not interested in the tables... what does "replacement frame" mean? I've never heard of that on a pool table. Was the whole room flooded or something and all the frames were rotted?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Pardon my question as I'm not interested in the tables... what does "replacement frame" mean? I've never heard of that on a pool table. Was the whole room flooded or something and all the frames were rotted?
Brunswick did a "recall" on them (don't know the reason), and provided free replacements, which the owner hasn't installed because his tables haven't had the problem - so they're included upgrade.

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Are they still available?
Yes. They'll be physically available in February when the place is scheduled to close.

Anybody who's interested in talking to the owner, PM me your contact info and questions/comments and I'd be happy to pass it on.

pj
chgo