Varney & Hollywood

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Here is a cue I recently completed for AZ's own Hollywood. Mark sent me the blank oversized but already assembled with his point & inlay work. I simply tapered the cue for him, added a few performance tricks, made the shaft then finished it. I don't build too many joint effort cues & this one was a learning experience. I must admit that the cue hits & plays top shelf. Mark, I hope you are pleased with it & I'm sure it looks nothing like you pictured. I really wanted this cue to be special for Mark since he's been a great friend and has shared his own private wood stock with me as well as some parts...even shared his Runde micarta ferrules with me. It'll ship tomorrow buddy. Hope you had a great Thankgiving!:smile:

Attachments

• 101128a (1).JPG
    101128a (1).JPG
    30 KB · Views: 902
  • 101128a (2).JPG
    101128a (2).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 894
  • 101128a (3).JPG
    101128a (3).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 886

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look see what happens when we support each there on AZ

I have always put my faith in Kevin, because I see his potential . When others bashed him, I sent more materials. I trusted his judgement as a underrated cue maker . I see he went all out- and more . AZ potential customers - see what kind of cue you get-when you don't Rush the cue along. And let the cue maker do his magic. god bless,Mark, Finishing this cue means more than I can express, I will be traveling North at Christmas and showing (Ron ) another cue maker friend(who) still struggles physically to return to work as a cue maker and Gunsmith. Thanks again Kevin for making my Holiday wishes come true.

Last edited:

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
Mark, I agree. I didn't rush my cue with Kevin either. I told him the wood combination I wanted, weight, and shaft diameter. That's it. I left the rest up to him because I trust in his abilities. I could not be more pleased with the result. We're discussing my next order as we speak. Not to hijack your thread, but here is the result of mine...

Craig

091012 (1).JPG

091012 (3).JPG

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hello craig

Kevin is a great guy to deal with. Your cue looks great too. Anyone with a cue from Kevin can post. Kevin is expanding his style too. I'm sending Kevin an old front-for himself. Hope everyone has great Holidays.mark

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know its a player!!

I did get 3 cues in the last wk or so. With my phone ?computer changing to high speed wireless. I haven't hit a ball with the cue Kevin - not that I don't want to because I really want to try it out very bad. I will be taking the cue to show my gunsmith/cue maker friend. Ron in Bemidji,MN. I'm going to let him hit the first balls with the cue. Hoping it will recharge , The old Navy boy. And get his butt back in the shop after his 8 month stint in the nursing home.Thanks Kevin for my Varney- like it says play with one or get beat with one. Mark

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The freight Train- Varney

I played some 9 ball, 10 ball ,8 ball and rotation. Played on the daily special for like 5 hrs- had 1 cigar break and 4 energy drinks. My friend had to play in league at 7. So we ended the games at 4:30. The cue shot straight as an arrow right from the beginning( 9 ball,10ball, 8ball) I broke with it and it has a very solid feel-with a slight foreward balance. I used all arm when breaking just faster or slower-never the thashing,jumping style break. I ran the balls up and down the tight pocketed 9 footer. We finished up with straight pool ,with a score of 17- 86. and Tom sayes. I really don't like that game much. I said I wouldn't like getting my ass kicked either. I was like 9 ahead in the 10 ball,with him winning the last3 racks- to save some face. I did shoot some defence and hook him up. The Varney shot very well for my first time out. Very accurate cue ,moved and made lots of balls. I was able to stroke the cue right from the start- It is a quiet playing cue But responsive. Thanks Kevin. I'm going to call this cue (The freight Train) because I left Tom standing in the tracks

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin hit a home run with mine!!!! Can't say enough!

For those who like to play and break with the same cue. I've played several days now. over the last month. Kevin definitely makes a( great playing cue- and the looks are fantastic!! )His shaft and taper is very accurate and pleasant to shoot with. Keep making them Solid as a rock !! Kevin. Many thanks mark.