Vasectomy and pool

Smutzc

Had my vasectomy today (Thursday), doctor told me to take it easy all weekend. Usually have my Sunday morning pool game, followed by my league day Sunday evening.

Question is how long did you guys wait to play pool after vasectomy?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally I’d stop by the pool room in the way home and play if it didn’t hurt.

A good friend of mine a spine surgeon told me once “If it doesn’t hurt, go do what ever you want, if it hurts that’s your body telling you not to do what ever it is your doing”. So listing to your body is what’s important. If it hurts-stop. If not go play and play well💪

I’ve lived by that since he told me that.

Hope your feeling good!

Best
Fatboy😃

Smutzc

Thanks, still sore since it happened today… but I really hope I’m good to go by Sunday. I’m sure I will, just don’t want to be one of the horror stories I’ve heard, carrying around softballs from overdoing it. Kills me not to play daily !

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If you think you Superman, and do stupid things.

You might find a set of bowling balls were your nut were.

From not taking it easy.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are stitches. Not in the scrotum, but a place that is easier to get bumped. Give that a bit of time to heal.

Reactions: bbb

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Gold Member
I bet ya got some frozen peas in the freezer. Set in the easy chair, set the peas on your ball bag and take it easy for a couple few days. Sunday tourney might be doable.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hold off for a bit. You have stitches in a very sensitive place. If you can't reach your doctor for his advice, I'd wait at least a few weeks. I doubt you'd want to go back under the knife in that particular area to fix torn internal stitches.

Reactions: bbb

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Had my vasectomy today (Thursday), doctor told me to take it easy all weekend. Usually have my Sunday morning pool game, followed by my league day Sunday evening.

Question is how long did you guys wait to play pool after vasectomy?
At least a week. Don’t do anything dumb like go dancing the first couple of days. Even if you think you can.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Personally I’d stop by the pool room in the way home and play if it didn’t hurt.

A good friend of mine a spine surgeon told me once “If it doesn’t hurt, go do what ever you want, if it hurts that’s your body telling you not to do what ever it is your doing”. So listing to your body is what’s important. If it hurts-stop. If not go play and play well💪

I’ve lived by that since he told me that.

Hope your feeling good!

Best
Fatboy😃
I wouldnt heed this advice, my friend. Not with a vasectomy. The first day, it feels fine for a lot of people. Doctor warned me about this, so I stayed good. A buddy of mine didnt listen to his doctor, and he ended up with the swollen nut syndrome, just like Coco Cowboy’s post.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had mine done at the same time they took care of a hernia, so it was weeks. But the hernia repair was the worst of it!

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
I would have it done while I was playing pool. I wouldn't want to miss one session.
Knock off 2 balls with one stone.
Nut surgery and raise my APA level to a 3.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldnt heed this advice, my friend. Not with a vasectomy. The first day, it feels fine for a lot of people. Doctor warned me about this, so I stayed good. A buddy of mine didnt listen to his doctor, and he ended up with the swollen nut syndrome, just like Coco Cowboy’s post.
Fair enough