Vegas tip

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you who are going to VNEA in Vegas, here are a couple of tips for you.

First off, if you fly into Vegas, and take a taxi to the Riv, or a hotel near it. Make sure you tell the driver to take you down Paradise road. Some of them will try to take you out to the Interstate, "because it's faster". Takes the same amount of time, and it's higher mileage for them. The higher the cost, the bigger the tip. A couple years ago, the driver tells me there is a lot of construction on Paradise, and I insist he go that route anyway. Well, there was about 1 block, where they were replacing a curb, and hardly any traffic.

Tip #2 If you're staying at the Riv. and made your reservation thru the hotel, go get a players card at the slot club. It gets you a discount on your room, even if you only gamble a little bit. Plus, if you have a room mate, you can put their play toward the room too. If you made the reservation at the VNEA room rate, last I heard it won't help with the room cost for this year, but can get you other comps, and a better rate for next year.

Have a safe trip, and shoot well. And remember, if we have to play against each other, you owe me a 1 game spot for the tips.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you who are going to VNEA in Vegas, here are a couple of tips for you.

First off, if you fly into Vegas, and take a taxi to the Riv, or a hotel near it. Make sure you tell the driver to take you down Paradise road. Some of them will try to take you out to the Interstate, "because it's faster". Takes the same amount of time, and it's higher mileage for them. The higher the cost, the bigger the tip. A couple years ago, the driver tells me there is a lot of construction on Paradise, and I insist he go that route anyway. Well, there was about 1 block, where they were replacing a curb, and hardly any traffic.

Tip #2 If you're staying at the Riv. and made your reservation thru the hotel, go get a players card at the slot club. It gets you a discount on your room, even if you only gamble a little bit. Plus, if you have a room mate, you can put their play toward the room too. If you made the reservation at the VNEA room rate, last I heard it won't help with the room cost for this year, but can get you other comps, and a better rate for next year.

Have a safe trip, and shoot well. And remember, if we have to play against each other, you owe me a 1 game spot for the tips.

i took a shuttle to circus circus and it cost me $15 round trip.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea

i took a shuttle to circus circus and it cost me $15 round trip.

That's a pretty good deal, but there's usually 3 or 4 of us. And if you go straight down Paradise from the airport, it's less than $15 each way. Then split that up. I just don't like gettin taken for a ride, {so to speak}. I've rode the shuttle, and the cab's a faster trip.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Sam,

Great advice. Did the same for players at the BCAPL's. If you're going, very best of luck! Let us know how the "new" Valley tables are.

Lyn