very irritated about this Cue

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The difference???

Age and collectability.

The one sold on AZbilliards was an original from the early 1970's. The new one on eBay is a new copy of the 1970's cue.
John

sad_clown0306

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But what about the playability ?

Is there a difference ??

Thanks for answering so far my question. Got a good info now.

dave sutton

Banned
well the old adams were full spliced but very fat. kinda clunky. i guess the production version plays about as good as a production could. i had a balabushka like 10 years ago it hit ok

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
dave sutton said:
well the old adams were full spliced but very fat. kinda clunky. i guess the production version plays about as good as a production could. i had a balabushka like 10 years ago it hit ok

Actualy, most of of mine are on the thin side as cues go.
They did make plenty of the ones with a wider grip also.
I dont care for the feel of wide ones either.i dont see all that many of them generaly.

The current reproductions are quite decent cues. they are made to the same standards as the balabushka cues. (much higher than some of there other lines) they have enough differences built into them to keep them from being passed as originals though.
I.E. different colored veneers, different thread pitch etc...

In my opinion, if Palmer did a high quality retro cue line, like what Adam did. They would sell a ton of em!

Jayman.

dave sutton

Banned
the galaxie i got was .860 atthe joint and 1.285 at the back. the handle was much much fatter. maybe the equivalent to a cue that is well over 1.3 in the back.

it was ridiculiosly fat

i would deff ge a few palmer retro cues. h,i, j,k,m, supreme

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
dave sutton said:
the galaxie i got was .860 atthe joint and 1.285 at the back. the handle was much much fatter. maybe the equivalent to a cue that is well over 1.3 in the back.

it was ridiculiosly fat

i would deff ge a few palmer retro cues. h,i, j,k,m, supreme

Wow! that is a thick one! i just measured the st. moritz i was using yesterday it has an .834 joint, and a very thin grip.

I'll take two of of those model#'s..hell yes!

Jayman.

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adam Ritz

Sorry I don't have any of the cue's specs from before I sold it. But I don't remember it being especially thick butted. Everything was pretty standard aside from it being 57" overall. Which, of course, was standard for those cues at the time. Cue was in great shape. Even nicer after the restoration.

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
What's it worth

I have one just like that I won in 1968 & one with circles I won in 1965. What would they be worth.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Papa Red said:
I have one just like that I won in 1968 & one with circles I won in 1965. What would they be worth.[/QUOTE

Can you post some pictures of them?

Jayman.

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
jayman said:
Papa Red said:
I have one just like that I won in 1968 & one with circles I won in 1965. What would they be worth.[/QUOTE

Can you post some pictures of them?

Jayman.

I,m new too this forum and don't know how.