Video: The soft break heard 'round the world!

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The soft break has been discussed and argued over many times on these boards. I thought some of you might want to see the match that actually started the controversy.

It was the final match in the 2001 U.S. Open Nine Ball Championship between Corey and Mika.

Commentary by the incomparable Grady Matthews and Danny D.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YarbIPFTYLk&feature=related

What is especially noteworthy about this match, at least to me, is that instead of crushing Mika's spirit, he persevered and came back years later to win back-to-back events at the U.S. Open...the mark of a true champion.
 
Last edited:
The soft break has been discussed and argued over many times on these boards. I thought some of you might want to see the match that actually started the controversy.

It was the final match in the 2001 U.S. Open Nine Ball Championship between Corey and Mika.

Commentary by the incomparable Grady Matthews and Danny D.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YarbIPFTYLk&feature=related

What is especially noteworthy about this match, at least to me, is that instead of crushing Mika's spirit, he persevered and came back years later to win back-to-back events at the U.S. Open...the mark of a true champion.

This is one of my favorite accu stats. i used to own it and watched it way more than the rest. When corey's playing well he's more entertaining to watch than other players. it's just really cool to me how smooth his stroke is
 
The first thing i'll say about this is, this is why you dont go and do stupid stuff like put the 9 on the spot when racking. I mean that is just totally ridiculous.

I realize my opinion on this almost nobody agrees with, but I hope these soft breaks are the future of rotation games. I find this match beautiful to watch. I'll dig up my old post on this is anybody is interested why i feel that way.
 
Back
Top