Viking cue ID, maybe A or B series maybe

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viking cue ID, maybe A or B series?

Can't find an exact match for this cue, there are several almost matches, but either the wrap is off, or the are points in the catalog with an almost identical ring/window design.

Anyone know or can match this cue to a catalog? Could it be a slightly customized cue from A or B catalogs? Thick butt, looks to be a 3/8 x 10 pin (my 3/8 x 10 shaft fit on it). Shaft is pretty skinny with a cream colored ferrule.

Value for it? It looks to be all original, the guy said all he remembers that was done to the cue was that the tip was changed.

SsoLk9L-cRrC03yiwhhPTQHLYh27iP32xQy8M8bG3vcf85AviB30E8qEaNImsyFVN8inJVfu1nwQxheQBCcUsEExjXBF8iNYBZl5gStzlduNMc_cE_B4YcAra4L3AQaXfV45w_FlueCPKr6XZk6CHUA3dRlDzJDFr7ejR-ZFrZUx_wPAD29BkPVRVTSzgpBZl_flCUxQ1IUjtqKrwbvBXHW1xFRUtf--6nk6Lp7NB-nINEPm38ShMGsmYM43zqJEL7t5sBSqm_J1EFyDvYAUAvxWgc9ux1YQ08Thd-994XBkBfbZgvFjPVIghxtLCLl9PRPfFTTKpu7UY66Zxs65nRThOMsBb8b5eRun8ztq9OuT5PyUU8G1rJ6CmjcIYNAZ_AZn10m4ZIM-YeB1IDqO3ChFZ3k556KAl_MTvrgHZcpRPHB_B9tnb7bfFs2hkdfxj-tHLHFm0rmVTUOznBUthN30Ig5E3-jE0_buFoFk1WWZKM5UrYvHWkDKLTBQbNuWOoGuz0pgMNwDhxnEwlqOi92sS4fnMQt4MulD7gMH3mews08nnWPKBRmnxfFEMnmx24AImYW3-qQaJXAEQ1h89cF1PgIwR1eNeYvvoW0_7LYteIWcmAmmHppfIegRM5UASJY6yMamsUUTdXe76mg6n2-lXtkAtYmnHkNxTnfvsw=w540-h960-no


BKqgNdFjtpc4eXeoES5juPvqF5rIChJRD8vbPyTYA4GLQPUjh6Ps2ekUnZqinrIucWf815M8SRLBDSwUa7lYxQddWLLxwzoHBfwtnnxK42qcp_qFg3axvI7Au9iKH9-ot4n3wR5kIMJv_qYzFfW1Q1QxAbNx8gVrPqofJFko4n5aSmToTdxz_Ar6LJPwzSYqy5uED1red5VEbiJBwY81eVlSxX-8mGCSmgQzptS73B5t6zaLu5DsCWlMNXuGpGNm3idlRv9Lb82aw3oA-oS8SurYqEN2uXnsOdzwHEp8t5ThGB7tFNSlE1LcZtd42sR_c5_ausV8Exj0toblQOQOMi4qxXkA4j3NY89Q6v2FZgEJ6QC1uoa2Yp_v2YG7RyOFOR2c8mA4bC4iwV3qfzA4XQWvjaAW8eKjBcAFHCbDY6XiVk5HSEVBWG8zo7V25e9gyjrfKMJRhVl4sUiAhcsGKf9NT7be1MTrzK96F6fy4dK_2b8PmLuLAQ0hEEwzo1CL-DCjjLpsdI9Bj2c4eT2umSOkhzQLf_2WcIFT6deI25nDP3wOQOBSztmh-T2gHmAxZDjpVbWlgLKpRFJphst8f2Y_YzuS6cOiK_HIEg8eXHCsujtORBNcpdfeGV_xJV3xHCDlkjpvqWoIr_4nq-z7XUjAmPZULKT5BF4NVprx0Q=w540-h960-no


Y2b0i_1h95nSBKI5_6-vznV8Y3HpSoHC-1fkfJt4JRRzxvFjsBq7xVpNN4GPBF0zeWz-nmFqOkpys7jjSi-2ckhH_3WH-3-uVuOlayXV88iP-cBWDVtG2EhbGbvOY5l23h_rd9g6r8proRIXJAqp6-0r2GFOzt0GJ5RgiITP8AcTv4DIrPWNvTcJ6DgNbI5fPrfjVIcoIVIFug2ZvQoZ-j5hlQVC7G062aQZ8Wl101yBUQ9UKh6TudDp4nHNPFPGmFFGV5WjyTOiaVjpGn-Fl6kf5HDKm2QUiXIO51gyemIVjJ1OOLoTrjxOj2LlWpNmls_zrPX81rEXg0vwKDk_izeCQfYDeYghY_htIuceWQLXrXLmWqgNTbPgcO-ug4kyR32sq51f1wcE9dCNe7O7cvu1ysFUuYa3XOEYKm4c0HpaUtxXNKlmFUG1PIAR42EmuL7EolhzIExgpCjmSnhX1PSK7atKhujjkaTtR1NbWViNdb0iRyvXJx1-7MqllFLt6KgYAxU1tz_HN5tPJ-y7Yy6d0G6o1KfnSd30jkfhHl9KWmCRSAUuewYE_WWpE1P9Xp5k79GGxgvzX07ha5Lob72HtSeGRHsAsqIrb6hYg1VYHzSobnQJjQov7yyHbn5uC77iqLPWnkBd5Gj2esKIEOM8UV6DQIp4OIL92r9aPw=w540-h960-no


ETsyNSg_ugTcJTB7LIN5U7zrUcoWkVkgdtqyXMfjtLeG6iKoU9bZaGZzAoQ_nm9VXzVliNY9JxFvgGZqK_MHNGgxSa7bY1fHOafsjQ6c5pWvf7UmbVbwTDPNPFB5b2zUfoVLXjkoWXY3BtQvSCzHIlasMKXa6oJhui2m5_TqoJQX3DQwmg7eB12e7xr6gU8x_pKau45k-k2kPqRyCaOMRJ8qF4Gw6Rb4bhU_Te_QL0VBHUaOIwcAAq-85kRo5as-jVX_oi9e84XVZhCPSBpZ_MO6n7Id4P6xXetFxkZxK-9q1ysVM-3EpGHAOVJmfJg-p3ehY1rzc8jaM84YJZnuS-9aJHfkYWjtLzXlzWhUf_YHd694w65UP9tbmgnSX-TBAuzj4vU0TcwfB3_L2816XCCCssR7ZPPmJHCZvU1UL4PpQrO5pisAn-9nDvwpqzSOxAJZY1NIVkxPjbjazgZB1Il41ry_ezNYunhvToLDNk0HQSWznlgKaTUogFGvaSQ1g5LGI8L6Cz9N-TmQoIl0BpcIp1tHbfAsNGl2KZ_gTqwFV13Yt-YWF8teCM6Hk4Kg7fPFy3sAyBcXaGTMKPDW3fA_goZD56x8ZPsPreiL0HInqEMX=w540-h960-no
 
Last edited:
I should have had justinb386 post this, he gets all the replies about cue questions LOL :thumbup:
 
Hard to say the exact model, there were lots of minor variations on such cues.

Value? I hate the value issue. Somebody always ends up feeling like they got their nuts stepped on.

I'll say anywhere from $75 to $150 for something like that.

Occasionally people will pay more on Ebay because it has a window, but I really think they don't know what they are doing.

Any old player like that should be worth around a C note in my book. Condition will cause variations in that...


.
 
Hard to say the exact model, there were lots of minor variations on such cues.

Value? I hate the value issue. Somebody always ends up feeling like they got their nuts stepped on.

I'll say anywhere from $75 to $150 for something like that.

Occasionally people will pay more on Ebay because it has a window, but I really think they don't know what they are doing.

Any old player like that should be worth around a C note in my book. Condition will cause variations in that...


.

So even thought it's fairly early in Viking history, still no worth as a collectible? This is just a cue someone I met last week has, he is not selling it. He thought it was a fake Viking, I said it looked real to me. What happened was that one of the dots over the i and the lower part of the g broke off so he thought it was some China fake that got the logo wrong LOL

Just trying to research a bit for him so he knows what he has.

It is from the era of the A and B cues though you think?
 
So even thought it's fairly early in Viking history, still no worth as a collectible?


For some it will be collectible...but still not worth more.

Show me a early Viking from the high end of an early catalog, or a fancy true custom build, and now it is really more collectible. Show me an early Viking Titlist conversion.

Even to the guys who collect the low end stuff like that it isn't really worth more. The reason they collect that stuff is because it is affordable. I am attracted to some of the old low end production cues. I won't even look at that twice. Show me a plain early Meucci with a nylon insert, or a plain first year McDermott...yes I am interested.


.
 
Back
Top