Viking Tour Tampa, FL Updates

In the Quarter finals:

Crosby is up 8-5 over Putnam.

Game 14 is starting right now with Putnam racking his own and having the break. Putnam is breaking from the left side real hard. He makes the 9 on the snap but scratches he also made the 7. OHHHHHHHH what a heartbreaker for Big Bubba. he looks like he is just starring off into space. Crosby has an OPEN table with BIH. Crosby pockets the 1 but leaves himself tough on the 2 ball and dogggggs it. Putnam easily makes the 2, 3, 4, 5 but leaves a tough makable 6 ball. Putnam scratches on the 6 ball giving Crosby BIH with only 3 balls on the tables. Crosby makes the 6 but gets off angle on the 8. He slices it backwards into the corner and then makes the 9 to win the set 9-5.

The next match is the Semi-Finals between Corey Deuel and Tony Crosby.

Mj
 
Unfortunately I couldn't give updates on the Deuel -vs- Crosby match. The players had a discrepancy with the rack and yours truly was called in to rack for both players.

The results are: 9-1 Deuel with Corey running he final 7 racks of the set.

Mj
 
I finally got a picture of Smorg......

Here it is.
 

Attachments

  • Strokers2 Tampa June 08 030.jpg
    Strokers2 Tampa June 08 030.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
BTW, The Finals Were Played WITHOUT A Copy Of The Code Of Conduct (sadly) :)

MikeJanis said:
I finally got a picture of Smorg......

Here it is.

LOL, I walked around like a Muslim virgin holding that menu for two days, because I couldn't find my veil.
However, I DID manage to collect my 1st place calcutta money with the other hand.
Even though Ronnie Wiseman didn't buy half of himself and and I had a few hundred invested in the calcutta, I still gave Ronnie $50. Some younger players/spectators said that I was nuts for doing that, so I tried to explain the principle of giving a bone to players on the road for gas, food, cigarettes or something and for playing their hearts out.

Doug
(Ronnie sent Corey to losers side and held the hot seat. In the true double illumination finals, Ronnie won the first game against Corey and Corey won the next 9 in a row to win that set. In the final set, it was tied 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5 & 6-6 before Ronnie won the last 3 games and the tournament)
 
And, That Was Just For Breakfast... I Kicked It UP A Notch For Lunch & Dinner

instroke75 said:
Any updates on the Amateur event? Other than I didn't win!Lol
Jeremy

It was still going on when I left. You were playing well, Where'd you come in 7th-8th ?
It was a pleasure meeting you, Jeremy. I bought you a number of beers and then I drank them myself. :)

Doug
(I also bought you some chicken tenders, onion rings, french fries and cheese sticks.........I don't have to tell you THEIR fate do I ? )
 
somewhere around there(7-8 or 9-12 not sure), didn't stop to look at the chart on the way out, i wasn't real happy with myself after being up 4-1, and throwing it away!
Jeremy
 
Back
Top