Vintage Sears STRIPED balls made in Belgium

soyale

F1140B91-7069-43B8-B6AD-DD23ED44432D.jpeg
9BBB5F4A-A7D6-4575-9C83-174ADDEF9DE3.jpeg
ECCF419C-518B-481D-B5BB-09108AAFA00F.jpeg

any ideas on what quality these are?
they seemed similar to centennials and the thin numbering is reminiscent, as well as being in the white of the ball rather than the stripe. The cue ball is all white, and it doesn't even say Aramith on the box!

i only pulled two results from searching the numbers in the photo 666.25812 and there wasn’t much information.

im wondering if these would be more comparable to todays high quality balls, or closer to todays Aramith premiers, which they also closely resemble.

of course it’s impossible to tell if this is the original box or not but the balls are $26, so if they are indeed of good quality i’ll likely return for them.

Thanks yall

realkingcobra

Silver Member
View attachment 648049View attachment 648050View attachment 648051

any ideas on what quality these are?
they seemed similar to centennials and the thin numbering is reminiscent, as well as being in the white of the ball rather than the stripe. The cue ball is all white, and it doesn't even say Aramith on the box!

i only pulled two results from searching the numbers in the photo 666.25812 and there wasn’t much information.

im wondering if these would be more comparable to todays high quality balls, or closer to todays Aramith premiers, which they also closely resemble.

of course it’s impossible to tell if this is the original box or not but the balls are $26, so if they are indeed of good quality i’ll likely return for them.

Thanks yall
Looks like Aramith standards to me.

soyale

Looks like Aramith standards to me.

good call. “Standard”s arent even listen on aramiths product page.

the price point is around $100 so im assuming they are better than contintentals but not as good as premiums, or premiers?

Ive also seen similar looking sets for as little as around $20 used online so it probably won’t kill me to leave them there. I was just making sure i wasnt passing up on a centennial quality ball for $26.

since they are so old and just say “phenolic pool ball” i thought maybe back then they were all of centennial quality, and that the technology to make them cheaper has arisen since then.

Of course a large portion of the price point is to tolerance QA.

anybody played with standards and centennials and able to compare ?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Considering that you can get a set of dynasphere bronze for $100 I would only get them due to budget concerns or as a collector item. It's pretty cool that they still have the original box and appear to be in pretty good shape.

There's a pool ball collector thread where they might be more knowledgeable. If nothing else I'm sure they would appreciate the pics.