Want to learn 3-cushion

jjspelman

HI, I had posted in the main forum and it was suggested I try here as well.

I would like to know if there is anyone available to meet and introduce me to 3 cushion billiards in the Tampa Bay Area. I know there is a place called Billares here in Tampa but I am also willing to travel for the right situation.

Thanks!

@mr3cushion ?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
check your pm
(thats the mail letter icon upper right of the page )
near your screen name

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
why do you want to learn 3 cushion?
is it to learn the game or to learn ways to get the cue ball around the table?
or both?

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just play on a pool table if you have one.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

TrxR

Can a you use a standard pool cue for this or is a carom cue a better option? If so why?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can a you use a standard pool cue for this or is a carom cue a better option? If so why?
At the risk of offending my friends who sell carom cues....

The difference in size between a pool ball and a carom ball is comparable to the differences between common tip sizes, which is to say down in the noise. I think the vast majority of pool players who want to try carom should use their pool cue at least at the start. Maybe try a carom cue later to see if in fact it works better for them.

Last edited:

jjspelman

I did find someone local here who was affordable. but unfortunately there was a language barrier. He was hispanic and his English wasn't the best so we were constantly, and I do mean constantly, using our phones to translate. lol

But I don't feel I was learning anything anyway so I have moved on. He was a very good player but not a great teacher, unfortunately. I will keep searching.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I did find someone local here who was affordable. but unfortunately there was a language barrier. He was hispanic and his English wasn't the best so we were constantly, and I do mean constantly, using our phones to translate. lol

But I don't feel I was learning anything anyway so I have moved on. He was a very good player but not a great teacher, unfortunately. I will keep searching.
Have you starting reading Byrne's books yet?