Wanted: Old Johnston City Collectibles

Jeff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking especially for programs from Johnston City but anything connected you have, let me know.
 
Jeff - How close are you to Johnston City?... I'm just curious. I lived in Crainville/Carterville/Carbondale from '72 to '81.

Made it to Johnston City once... didn't really appreciate the significance at the time... pretty much just a banger back then... musta been Johnston City's last year... '73 or '74???... as I recall, my buddies and I rode our bikes to the tournament on a Friday or Saturday night... small place... smokey as hell. ;)
 
Are You asking to buy or just see some??
I have a couple ticket stubs and cut up program..LES
 
cigardave said:
Jeff - How close are you to Johnston City?... I'm just curious. I lived in Crainville/Carterville/Carbondale from '72 to '81.

Made it to Johnston City once... didn't really appreciate the significance at the time... pretty much just a banger back then... musta been Johnston City's last year... '73 or '74???... as I recall, my buddies and I rode our bikes to the tournament on a Friday or Saturday night... small place... smokey as hell. ;)


Lived in West Frankfort IL for over 30 years. About 6 miles from Johnston City.

Spent most of my young years at the JJ Ranch, which was owned by Sadie Jansco (George's wife) and played pool with JoAnn (George's daughter) .

Played golf at the Stardust owned by JoAnn and her Husband.

I just moved to Carbondale a few months ago
 
PIRANHA said:
Are You asking to buy or just see some??
I have a couple ticket stubs and cut up program..LES

Looking to buy memorabilia from Johnston City, especially programs.
 
hey jeff
i have a old newspaper from 69 i think that is about 3 pages long and extra adds with fats in them pm me with a phone number and we can work something out
 
I'm looking too :)

Anything Johnston City related helps document the history of One Pocket and the great players that brought the game into the limelight, beginning with the first tourney in 1961...
 
THENEXTKIDD said:
hey jeff
i have a old newspaper from 69 i think that is about 3 pages long and extra adds with fats in them pm me with a phone number and we can work something out

Sorry, missed this post. Pm on the way


1pocket said:
I'm looking too :)

Anything Johnston City related helps document the history of One Pocket and the great players that brought the game into the limelight, beginning with the first tourney in 1961...

I just picked up three programs thanks to manwon

Program1.jpg


Program2.jpg


Program3.jpg
 
Back
Top