Waste of money pool items

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Pool is global, it helps to know popular regional or local jokes to help foreign people feel welcome outside.

Does anyone know good books with multilingual translation support or an online community discussion group focused on learning languages through pool competitions or pool rooms.

At my poolroom I cant tell who to recommend a player check out if they are easily sharked or if they lack confidence on long shots. Do people talk about which players develop specific insights about the game?

There are players that need a player so outgoing SVB is not that guy and Joshua is too corny. The female pros are worth noting but most kids are nervous about rooting for the Duchess or Kwikfire even 9mm. Its like Milfy. Not to a professional, mostly immature jokers that need to be taught better.

justnum

Silver Member
I can remember most opponents and practice sessions in the pool room distinctly.

The best investment was attending events live and competing live.

Spending money on pool is like buying an education. It works when you use it right.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can remember most opponents and practice sessions in the pool room distinctly.

The best investment was attending events live and competing live.

Spending money on pool is like buying an education. It works when you use it right.
It works when you take the right classes and do the homework.

bubolt14

Lovin Pool
Moosehead bridge-head. Supposed to slide on a house cue. POS is what it is. Cue has to be exact right size or you're fk'd. Too small, won't stay put. Too big, rubber grommet pops out. Worthless.
I have 2 one on each side of my GC3 love them ... made them fit

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim Rempe Training Cue Ball…….the design pattern is so tight unless you play with a shaft under 12mm you cannot
consistently strike the cue ball where you aim. This pattern does not provide adequate space to strike the cue ball
accurately and consistently with a larger diameter cue shaft. There are better training cue balls than the Rempe CB.
Shhhh! Be quiet I’ve got one I need to sell.
Came with the set of Aramith balls I’ve had for years.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pffft. Sandpaper is too fancy for me. I just use the ground between the floor tiles. Or just go outside and rub it on the sidewalk.
Well I used to play around and make small wooden things back in the day so I have extra laying around.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
What pool related item do you feel was a waste of money? Whether it is an expensive cue, training item, or other nicknack, what item do you feel you wasted your money on ? I ill start by saying the Buddy Hall cue guide is something I never use. Maybe you love yours, but I never use mine.

My grandson bought a "Ball Bag"!! Small container you hang on your cue case for a custom cue ball or whatever round Thang you wanna put in it. Lol. Cost him $25 bucks plus shipping!!🤣🤣

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Having to belong to all these pool organizations to play league pool if you have no intention of playing tournaments under their rules. We are forced to belong to three different organizations for the two leagues we shoot even though both leagues use a self made scoring system that doesn't align with anything. There is no fargo reporting, no comparison to fargo for our scoring used.
What do you get every year for belonging to these organizations? A stupid patch that you throw in the trash.
Then there are all these extra cues some buy, me included. I've probably got a dozen or so. Once you've found a cue you really like, why do you need more, sell the rest off. Sadly I don't have any intent of following my own advice on this point. In fact, I'm always looking for another even though I feel I have my forever playing cue already. I just wish they would standardize the joint pins as I could more easily justify buying more cues.
Well, then there is the big one, ha, ha. Cue shafts. I also have what I feel is my forever shaft as I feel it's ability is much better than mine. Yet, what do I foolishly do, go against what I know is the right thing to do, and that is to foolishly buy another. As I say to my wife sometimes, just shoot me, she did buy another pistol the other year and that got me a little worried, so I don't use that term around her anymore.
I guess at times I'm easily swayed as because of all these recent comments on the Rhino shafts, I was convinced I had to have one also. In fact, I was so convinced that I almost ordered two of them even though I knew the odds of it becoming my playing shaft were next to nill. Heck, I already have a really nice Jacoby Black shaft that I just keep in the case for a spare, did I really think I needed another carbon shaft? Not really, but had to get one before the deal went away.
So I guess the moral of the story on what wasted money on pool items is, for heavens sake, don't listen to my advice as I can't even follow it myself.
Ditto my friend🤣😭!!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My grandson bought a "Ball Bag"!! Small container you hang on your cue case for a custom cue ball or whatever round Thang you wanna put in it. Lol. Cost him $25 bucks plus shipping!!🤣🤣
I have one also... They are good to hide your money in....who the heck is going to steal that stupid thing.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Sardo Rack by a mile.
IMO, the beauty of the Sardo wasn't so much the pushing down and "locking in place" gimmick, it was more the racking in the same exact spot every time you got from lining up the arrows on the back of it. This way, if the table did form small divots, you were still racking them in the same place and getting a tight rack. Technically, it;s something that could be achieved with any rack as long as you mark the table slightly.

And you have to admit, there have been waaaaay worse gimmick racks like that one triangle with the flip down nineball rack and the 2 buttons in the back to push forward and get a "tight" rack...

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
And you have to admit, there have been waaaaay worse gimmick racks like that one triangle with the flip down nineball rack and the 2 buttons in the back to push forward and get a "tight" rack...
Tell me you have a pic of one of those...? I've never laid eyes on one.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Moosehead bridge-head. Supposed to slide on a house cue. POS is what it is. Cue has to be exact right size or you're fk'd. Too small, won't stay put. Too big, rubber grommet pops out. Worthless.
lol... That's the only "accessory" I carry other than a tip pick. It's bailed me out of so many bad situations in rooms with garbage bridges. Now I did only pay a few dollars for it, so it doesn't carry the value of the plasty-dipped cuetec version.

23DenaliBDE

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Wish I’d bought one of those instead of ripping the zipper off my cue case with the tight fit

justnum

Silver Member
It works when you take the right classes and do the homework.

That is an inference. If the exercise was right then the outcome would be consistent.

Every group as an outcome distribution. Pool players suffer from the WWJD problem?

Zerksies

The Colorado Cue Rest. It's a piece of rubber and very flimsey. If it had some weight it might be a better product.