Watch this trick shot!

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched Mike Massey do this one. He has a really funny patter with it using a bilingual commentator from the audience to try to follow the play by play.

1hit1der

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a pretty classic setup shot, but it takes some tweaking to get it all set up right. Mike probably has it in his book. Sebastian Giumelli pulled it out in Trick Shot Magic 2009 and made it, but Eric Yow missed it, so it's not a hanger in pressure situations. Most of the guys will give an auctioneer-style description of how the shot works when explaining it to the audience which makes it even tougher to follow. You can also tell them you're going to make the 8 ball and have them try to guess which pocket. It'll usually take a few guesses before someone figures it out.

S.Tat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a professional trickshot artist (I can't remember his name, sorry) that came by the pool hall where I play, since he's close friends with a part-owner of the hall and he performed this shot and drilled on the first try. I've got the clip on my phone, the stuff he was talking about while he was setting it up and explaining the shot was hilarious. Neat shot indeed.

One of my faves that I've seen is setting up 4 balls in a square formation with one ball resting on top of them like a pyramid. He had someone watching call a pocket, any pocket, and he would make the ball on top in that pocket. When someone called a pocket in the bottom corners, he'd hit one of the two front balls and the top ball just hopped into the called pocket. For side and uptable pockets, he kicked at the balls in the back and made it in all 6 pockets in one try each.

Enough of my rambling, back to the topic at hand haha.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ghosttown...That is a very old shot. Jerry Briesath taught it to me almost 30 years ago. He called it "the Clearance Shot". Willie Jopling also used this shot in his exhibitions. I have played that shot in hundreds of exhibitions, making it on the first try. I'm surprised that Eric Yow would miss it in competition. But if you never saw it, you might not understand the subtlety in setting it up. I also use the 'rambling description of what's gonna happen" routine! :grin:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I've never seen this trick shot before... have you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS2Mg1p36pE

ghosttown

Registered
cool, sounds like mike massey has a lot to do about trick shots. I like the name... "clearance shot". thanks for all your comments :)