Watching Streams - Poll

% of time you prefer the camera zoomed out showing multiple tables?

• 0%

Votes: 46 46.0%
  • 10%

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • 20%

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • 30%

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • 40%

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 60%

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 70%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80%

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • 90%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100%

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I accept that. You are a true 0%er.

Not true.

At my age, focusing has become one of my biggest problems, so I appreciate having only one table to study during a match. I try to transfer that type focus to my own play.

I would like to be able to see the score, though, on those little turn-page scorekeepers.

I'm not clowning around here, seriously.

Jeff Livingston

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Thanks, and I get it... but show me where I was rude or insulting... And don't say when I used the clown word. Lighten up and have a sense of humor.

Also, in one of your earlier posts you stated that you don't mind a pan around the room from time to time. So that means you prefer more than 0%. This is my point. Many people have said it's OK to pan around but yet they vigorously defend a zero vote.

And what do you mean "We"? Is there a group of zero defenders out there banning together against stream panning?

Don't be mad. We like your poll.

We just don't like that you aren't willing to accept the poll's results for what they are. It's like posters who ask "How much is this cue worth?" and then argue with (and insult) people who state a value that's less than the poster assumed. It's rude and unprofessional.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Oh we have Sigmund Freud in the house...

It's clear from his reaction that this poll wasn't put up to get a take on others views but done in hopes that the results would validate HIS view.

It's the same with the people you mention in regards to cue value. As you stated they have an assumption of what it's worth & don't truly ask to get others opinions of what the value TRULY is. They are looking for someone to validate THEIR opinion of what it's worth.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
FYI -- I voted 30% because I realize my perfect world preference is unrealistic. In my perfect world, I prefer a full production stream, in a pool room setting with, the wide view as the primary view and switching around where the action is.

I had the same thoughts back in 2012 when I made a similar poll. In that poll I only had two options and realized, after some criticism, that my poll was flawed. A few years went by and I had the same thought while watching Ray Hansen's PoolActionTV stream of the Texas Open this weekend. So I thought I'd try another poll, with more options.

Ray does a great job with multiple cameras and I like how he can switch back and forth from game to game. Makes it more exciting to me and just about everyone in the chat. What I don't like are the short periods of time that he leaves the camera wide. In particular during the semi finals when John Morra vs Skylar Woodward were on the main table and Manny Chau vs Brandon Shuff were on the side table. Shuff v Chau was a nail bitter and was coming down to the wire. And all of the sudden it switches back to the main table. But Ray has a wide view set up in the pool room where you can easily see 4 tables and three of the four tables you can see quite well. (see pics in post #3) I wish in those situations he would leave it wide but he always switches back to the main table right before the break without regard to what's happening on the side table. So it was hill-hill on the Chau v Shuff match and Manny hung the nine. Ray switched over and I missed it. It made the situation anticlimactic.

I'm not understanding. I voted 20% because I figured maybe I'd want it zoomed out if there was no one playing on the main table (like between matches).

You don't seem to be happy with these results though. You were expecting it to be 70%+ but it's not.

Did you lose a bet or something? Were you trying to prove a point to a friend that didn't work out? You seem fairly unhappy about how this poll has turned out.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will take one camera angle if it meant I have a choice of multiple matches to pick from

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Big Truck does it right, IMO.
...I like to see what's going on

IMG_1973.JPG

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If you're streaming Klatt and Davis and Shane and Earl are on the next table, then please zoom out.....you get the idea. Sometimes the Stream table isn't as good as another.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The number of 0% votes

The number of 0% votes is telling. What does it tell you?

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
It's not like this poll really matters but actually to me the 10% vote is more telling than anything. The zero vote has a very large trolling factor. When people know you have a opinion one way or the other and you put a poll up where your bias shows through they automatically vote the other way. Human nature...

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
What it tell me is....

It tells me that you are all strange?

It's not like this poll really matters but actually to me the 10% vote is more telling than anything. The zero vote has a very large trolling factor. When people know you have a opinion one way or the other and you put a poll up where your bias shows through they automatically vote the other way. Human nature...

It tells me that people who pay to watch a match care more about the match they purchased rather than anything else going on in the room. It makes me wonder if center set up for streaming sort of an amphi theatre type thing would go over.

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people like watching NFL Redzone or having multiple TVs + PIP to watch all the games...

...but the majority of people just watch the NY Giants game from start to finish. There are a bunch of other games happening simultaneously, but a large portion of people don't care to swap em out.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Well you aren't gonna much of a poll then are you? Often times it's already hard enough to see the balls ( colors and numbers ) when they are tight in on one specific table, factor in tables that are in the shot as well and they are further away and even harder to see. Guess we a bunch of clowns. Ideally it would be set up like that tourney a year or two ago overseas ( forget which one, maybe China maybe Dubai ) but they had EVERY table streamed and you could select which one you wanted to see.

That was probably Kazoom.

JoeyA

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The number of 0% votes is telling. What does it tell you?

Depends on the point of view....
...it could tell you that multi-taskers don't watch pool so much....

...hang on, gotta make a sandwich

..peanut butter on multi-grain

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Tears of a Clown

Hooray for Hungarian, he put me down
Hooray for Hungarian, he made me his clown
Hooray for Hungarian, he's up to his tricks
Hooray for Hungarian, he's gettin' his kicks

Hungarian only does things he wants to do
He's selfish and spoiled and he knows that his pole is screwed!

Just kidding, I said 0% before I read any of the posts. Just my preference not trying to bunch any panties.