wd700 new mezz shaft opinion

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi i was wondering what people around here thought about the new mezz shaft the WD700. how does it play, feel, and i know it's early but how it holds up over time
 
The Mezz WD700 shaft is awsome to say the least, having a Mez cue Z404 and My cuz with a Predator with the 314II we swapped cues on and off and to me there was lil differance, the differance being the shaft diameter 12.5 for the Mezz, not sure of the exact diameter of the 314II but it was thicker.

I set up the following shot and used 3 differnt cues, same speed on all three


START(
%A[8W5%CJ5O4%DL7N1%FK6P1%GK6N8%IL7O4%JK6M5%KJ5P7%LJ5N2%MK6Q4
%NJ5R0%OJ5M0%P[8Q3¢Y0%V^7[3%eC3`5%_^7Z7%`^1X4%a[8V3
)END



The first was the result with the Lucasi

with the Pred and the 314II I scratched

with the Mezz I also scratched

The second time I cut the object ball to the right slightly and here is what happened. Actualy the WD700 had a slightly sharper angle off the rail than the 314II .. the Lucasi responded exactly the same as it did the first time.

START(
%A[8W5%BL7P8%CJ5O4%DL7N1%FK6P1%GK6N8%HM7N8%IL7O4%JK6M5%KJ5P7
%LJ5N2%MK6Q4%NJ5R0%OJ5M0%P[8Q3%US4Q7%V]5[1%eC3`7%_]8Z6%`]2X4
%a[8V3
)END


Both the Mezz WD700 and the 314II has Morri Med tips, the Lucasi has a Le Pro (whatever came with it. ) I believe.

These tests were preformed on a Olhousen 9' with Simonis Cloth and a red circle(or dot) cue ball and were preformed by me. Med stroke

Yes I like the WD700 shaft very much and I would recomend one to anyone currently playing with a Pred shaft, if you use solid maple as I do you will need time to adjust.


SPINDOKTOR
 
Last edited:
START(
%A[8W5%CJ5O4%DL7N1%FK6P1%GK6N8%IL7O4%JK6M5%KJ5P7%LJ5N2%Ml9N8
%NJ5R0%OJ5M0%P[8Q3%Wa4X3%X^7[3%eC3`5%_^7Z7%`^1X4%a[8V3
)END

I was having trouble showing the angle off the rail with the lucasi on the first example, here is a second attempt.
 
Ordered a Z-606 equipped with a WD700 from platinumbilliards a week ago.
Should arrive during the next days, then I can compare it to my Jim Davis w/ 314 shaft (first series with LePro tip)

I'm curious how much difference there is between the 314 and the WD700 as both are labeled "Low deflection" and what role the tip plays as the WD700 comes with a Moori.
 
X Breaker said:
What are the special characteristic of the WD700, is that a low deflection shaft?


I suppose, When I had the Mezz, I compared it to a Pred 314 2 both cues were brand new, and to me they played alot alike. I might be mistaken but the WD700 seemed like a low deflection shaft. I know it was alot differnt that any solid maple shaft I have used, in a good way. @ 12.5mm it was a tad bit on the small side for me.


SPINDOKTOR
 
Sorry for the delay, but I missed Shane's email that it is out of stock - junk filter may be...

So I was not informed by the date of my post about this

Sadly it took some time until he got a new delivery from Mezz, but yesterday my cue left the USPS facility of San Francisco.
I expect the cue here in Germany may be on monday
 
Got my cue today from the customs bureau and went to my club playing 2hrs.
It felt from the very first stroke like I've never changed my cue, the longer I played the better I came to terms with it.
The cue is from enormous build quality, especially the connection is so tight that you could play with it half a rotation still open.

In general the cue gives me a better feel where also the tip comes to play.
Opposite to my teammate I like the Moori a lot, very consistant.
I did many low english shots and when I missed it was because I wanted to create an angle that was not there.
Coming from a 314 you don't have to adapt too much, in my eyes it becomes even easier as the WD700 is more forgiving at slow speed.
Most shots I miss are slow rolls into the pocket which is quite odd when you consistantly pot balls across the table at higher speeds
After an hour or two it feels like you play the WD700 for ages.

Also the wood is much nicer than the Predator's. You don't have the visible laminated structure, it's probably Grade 3 maple, quite structured but looking good

And of course the build quality of the cue is superb. You don't feel any edges at the joint or the decorative rings (nickel with purple heart), also the inlays are absolutely perfect. It's a rosewood cue with micarta points filled with ebony and a turquoise diamond - same design at forearm and butt.
 
Back
Top