Weather check............

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-20 wind chill, four to seven additional inches of snow expected today in STL

Relatively balmy compared to the four years i spent in Great Falls MT ; -)

Lou Figueroa

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No power. Don’t know if it’s part of rolling blackout or down power lines. Neighbor said they don’t have water and looks like we don’t either. Fireplace in Gameroom works, so that’s where we are. Everything covered in snow, which is weird for Houston. Power company app says TV and internet out until at least 2:15 this afternoon.

Currently -3 with a wind chill of -15 so it's getting better. Next week it's supposed to finally get in the 30s.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
No power. Don’t know if it’s part of rolling blackout or down power lines. Neighbor said they don’t have water and looks like we don’t either. Fireplace in Gameroom works, so that’s where we are. Everything covered in snow, which is weird for Houston. Power company app says TV and internet out until at least 2:15 this afternoon.

Good luck.

Jeff Livingston

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Abilene Texas no power for 4 hours and out of firewood. Hot Faucets on one side of the house frozen. They say we are going into rolling outages.

Attachments

• 5388115D-667C-4573-BF3F-BD835AE32183.png
    5388115D-667C-4573-BF3F-BD835AE32183.png
    563.8 KB · Views: 92

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Abilene Texas no power for 4 hours and out of firewood. Hot Faucets on one side of the house frozen. They say we are going into rolling outages.

Good luck out there.

This won't help but needs to be seen. Wait until we get our power bills.

...... we hit the proverbial offerless market where any natgas that was available would be purchased at virtually any price, which is why midcontinent prices such as the Oneok OGT nat gas spot exploded from $3.46 one week ago, to $9 on Wednesday, $60.28 on Thursday and an insane $377.13 on Friday, up 32,000% in a few days....

Jeff Livingston

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
i like keeping beer on the porch,

Two nights ago in a small part of NYC, water mains were shutoff to avoid frozen pipes.

DEP came at like 9pm at night I watched the trucks, they shut the main and about ten minutes later neighbors were noticeably upset.

people saying running water doesn't freeze, but it can

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ha :)
so you're the problem SSDiver2112 why travel restriction must be imposed from the camala b!teme junta.

Just think of all the illegal alien's getting their first stimulus check shoveling snow for the first time.

it is official, a climate change gas arrived out my front door, there is a road out there, suppose to get a little more yet, then more of the same on wed.

snow2021feb15.jpg

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
ha :)
so you're the problem SSDiver2112 why travel restriction must be imposed from the camala b!teme junta.

Just think of all the illegal alien's getting their first stimulus check shoveling snow for the first time.

it is official, a climate change gas arrived out my front door, there is a road out there, suppose to get a little more yet, then more of the same on wed.

View attachment 585104
Don't miss it one little bit. I only love snow in pictures.

I'm all for the border protection to keep you cold lovers out. Maybe a wall between Florida and Georgia will be the next idea...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its up to a scorching +2 with a -13WC. Almost balmy. More snow expected Tues-Wed. Sweet.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
between -10celcius and -33 celsius last three weeks. snow about 2 foot. Normal weather here. Little less snow than normal.

Inferno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had foot long icicles this morning. Then the sun came out and the 3/4" of ice over snow started sliding off roofs. It sounded like a war zone outside.
Still only 34 degrees but all the sun facing icicles disappeared in about 30 minutes.

1613417341011.png

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
84f yesterday in Miami... Back in MN today, not so much. Currently at 0. It's warmed up since -20 degrees this morning.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Still no power as of this writing. 2.7 million in Texas without power, with 1.2 million of those living in the Houston area. Power Plants that generate the power that the Electric Companies purchase and sell to us consumers are still offline. Rumor is a formal investigation will take place when all of this is over.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still no power as of this writing. 2.7 million in Texas without power, with 1.2 million of those living in the Houston area. Power Plants that generate the power that the Electric Companies purchase and sell to us consumers are still offline. Rumor is a formal investigation will take place when all of this is over.
In some places the grid cannot keep up with demand. Rolling outages are happening here in Okla. too. When the reserve drops to certain amount the rolling cutbacks kick-in automatically. Pretty good explanation: https://www.wfaa.com/article/weathe...ions/287-554d28ba-a8a9-4213-a08a-7c436ad8b59a