Welcome, Fatboy. You last visited: 01-04-2014 at 08:08 PM

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Are there still schools of flying fish to see when taking the boat over? It's been quite a few years.. like 30+ since I first went. :eek:

We kick around the idea of living there, although I'd really have to become a boat guy.

Sure flying fish and dolphins like crazy.

And of course when you are there, Garibaldi.

I don't see any of it however. Its all about the Fun Zone for me. The kids step aside to make room when I strut in.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
so i'll see you in October for Pirate's Weekend?

That's in 2 harbors. Maybe too far away from the Fun Zone. I've made the trip from Avalon to 2 Harbors through the interior by bicycle. ONCE. And it will remain once.

Banks

Banned
We kick around the idea of living there, although I'd really have to become a boat guy.

Sure flying fish and dolphins like crazy.

And of course when you are there, Garibaldi.

I don't see any of it however. Its all about the Fun Zone for me. The kids step aside to make room when I strut in.

That's quite a trip. For me, it was the Del Amo mall during the day for the arcade or Mulligan's. My favorite part of Catalina was the trip over, seeing the flying fish and then the yellowfin/bonita/whatever closer to the island.

The small bar next to the one I hang out at has a skeeball machine. It's tempting, but I've already got pool and I don't want it to get jealous.

I also miss looking down from the beach piers and seeing the small sand sharks(again, or whatever) swimming around, especially when you could see the proximity to the people.

Now, all I have are Portland weird people and a few birds of prey. Although, the unicycling bagpipe Vader goes by the house a few times a week. I think that may count for something. :confused:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
That's quite a trip. For me, it was the Del Amo mall during the day for the arcade or Mulligan's. My favorite part of Catalina was the trip over, seeing the flying fish and then the yellowfin/bonita/whatever closer to the island.

The small bar next to the one I hang out at has a skeeball machine. It's tempting, but I've already got pool and I don't want it to get jealous.

I also miss looking down from the beach piers and seeing the small sand sharks(again, or whatever) swimming around, especially when you could see the proximity to the people.

Now, all I have are Portland weird people and a few birds of prey. Although, the unicycling bagpipe Vader goes by the house a few times a week. I think that may count for something. :confused:

Did you have pool back then? Where you going from Del Amo to Mr Lucky's on Hawthorne?

Banks

Banned
Did you have pool back then? Where you going from Del Amo to Mr Lucky's on Hawthorne?

Back then, I didn't really play. Went to Mr. Lucky's a couple of times with friends and then went to Pockets maybe a couple of times, but damn that place is too expensive to go to unless money's no object. I didn't really get into pool until after I moved to Portland at around 30. Of course, then I find out that I had been living in a big pool hot spot in SoCal. Dated a girl for a few that lived right off of Artesia, near Hard Times. Matter of fact, I think I saw Fishbone play right around the corner, iirc. Then again, maybe it was closer to Norwalk.. it's been a while. :eek: